Recommended Frame?

onza_kev

Hi guys, i currently have a 2004 t-bird frame, i have a 19" rear wheel on but in 2004 they did not come as standard, one of the brake mounts on my frame the thread has stripped so because of the different size wheel and the dodgy mount i'm having a real difficult time trying to get a rear brake setup, its a magura HS-33 on it at the moment.

Is there anyway people can suggest curing the brake mount problem or would i be better off looking at a new frame?? If a new frame what would people recommend? I'd be looking to only spend about £100 maybe a bit more as im on a bit of a budget. I remember a few months back seeing a frame on ebay which was a similar design to the zona zip for about 100 brand new, any one know about these??

thanks

kev

Hi guys, i currently have a 2004 t-bird frame, i have a 19" rear wheel on but in 2004 they did not come as standard, one of the brake mounts on my frame the thread has stripped so because of the different size wheel and the dodgy mount i'm having a real difficult time trying to get a rear brake setup, its a magura HS-33 on it at the moment.

Is there anyway people can suggest curing the brake mount problem or would i be better off looking at a new frame?? If a new frame what would people recommend? I'd be looking to only spend about £100 maybe a bit more as im on a bit of a budget. I remember a few months back seeing a frame on ebay which was a similar design to the zona zip for about 100 brand new, any one know about these??

thanks

kev

Hey right you can sort out your problem you could get your frame taped and helicoiled this is a very cheap option.

But if you get a new frame it would be easy and you would be most likely to improve on a new frame and look way beta that a t-bird.

One problem your going to have your self a job finding your self a decent frame for about £100 I would try and get your self another hundred and get a zona zip they are nice frames to ride strong and reliable.

chris (Y)

Hi there mate,

I would recommend you getting a monty 219 frame from tartybikes (approximately £145). They have magura 4-bolt mounts, and look pretty cool. Worth a look. Hope this helps.

Ben g WST

oh yeh i forgot about them frames there just as good to it will be even more flicky and nice to ride.

chris

Yeah the mounts could be easily re-tapped but it'll only come back again, if you can scrape another 100 or so together then a new frame would deffinately be a good idea (Y)

depending on what sort of rider you are there are a few different decently priced frames around

If you like short, hoppy bikes : http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2227 or the 221pr DD is a lovely frame for the £30 extra and if you could pick up a rear hope mono or even a bb7, you'd be sorted !!

I felt a lot more confident on a double disc than a rear maggie and they are soo much easier to set up.

If you don't fancy the monty and £275 is a bit pricey then have a look in the "f/s" section on here, im sure someone will have a frame they want to shift :D

Joel ;)

hey guys thanks for the advice, im willing to stretch for the zona zip but would the monty be a better option? Also are both frames fully transferable with the parts of my t-bird? including the 19" rear wheel which has a 2.5" tyre on??

also i do tend to hop to the left so disc may not be a good idea.... plus the t-bird doesnt have the disc mount so i wud have to get a new frame aswell anyway!

Hello, i wouldnt recomend that you wasted money on helicoiling or tapping as t-birds are a weak frame, your better off getting a second hand python or gu both have 4 bolt magura mounts and are very strong frames (Y)

er hello did you read what he said?? he only wants to spend £100 i doubt very much you will find a decent gu or pyhton for that!!

mate i would personally invest in a t-pro as they are great for learning on and will last ages.

ryan (Y)

ok depending on how much i get paid tomorrow i'm gonna order the new frame, i think i should be able to stretch to the monty 221 pr. does anybody know if all the existing parts of my t-bird will be compatible just to get me riding again as i can only really afford to buy the frame at the moment but will upgrade other parts as soon as i can afford to.

thanks