Sponsership

Ben j

Ride your bike because its fun, not because you wanna get sponsored. Thats not what its all about. Just have fun with your friends.

You can contact your local bike store and hear if they wanna give some some cheaper parts though

Sponsorship is needed when you reach higher levels in competition because it takes the stress of certain things so that the money that you would have spent to fix your bike can be allocated in different areas ie travel money, hotels things like that which are needed when you start to do international comps and things like that it can help to give yo a more pro image which attracts more sponsors i know that without my big sponsors it would be more or less impossible to ride to the level i do however i would still say that my biggest sponsor and source of support are my parents and family without there support i wouldn't have got where i am and been the places that i have been.

I admit, when i i first started riding DH i was like "oh god i wanna be sponsord" blar blar blar.

Now im loving being not sponsord. I not rubbish, but im not the best. i usally finnish in the top 12 and sometimes even a top 10 (in juniour). But i love the fact im beating a few sponsord riders. Its brilliant. And if something turns up it will be quality.

But if sponsorship is really something you really really want turn upto every comp turn up with clean kit, make sure your bike is 100% and get popular. If your good, and they can see you take your riding really seriously they will sometimes come upto you.

Sponsors dont always look for the best riders. They look for the popular riders aswell. They want their gear to be seen!

It also doesnt do any harm handing a CV of all your compition results to some companys. And what kind of person you are. They can only say no. Go to your local bikeshop, ask them if you compete with their name so in exchange they do you some deals in their shop. And go from there....

But for now, ride your bicycle and have a shit load of fun! Thats whats its all about!

Hahahaha you'll learn :rolleyes:

You say that now, but think how much you'd save off a monsterboy on there.

Just a shame it will be late/never come/be the wrong bike. :-

Edit: Damn these pages, best put the quote in to make things easier.

Edited by yoyoyo

Ben just have fun and ride, you are obsessed with getting sponsored. For a start mate get your trials bike built u have only got a frame, this is your first trials bike it is not yet complete and you are already looking for sponsor's :lol: .

Dan

but i rearly got al of my stuff and i better that you m8, soz but its a fact

I admit, when i i first started riding DH i was like "oh god i wanna be sponsord" blar blar blar.

Now im loving being not sponsord. I not rubbish, but im not the best. i usally finnish in the top 12 and sometimes even a top 10 (in juniour). But i love the fact im beating a few sponsord riders. Its brilliant. And if something turns up it will be quality.

Sponsors dont always look for the best riders. They look for the popular riders aswell. They want their gear to be seen!

Are you not very popular then?