Guitar + Amp + Me + Computer = Fun?

Onza Kieron

hello, I got a I got a Marshall MG15DFX amp here, with loads of leads and my computer, is it possible to somehow make the computer think that the amp + guitar is a microphone or similar input so I can play and record it on the computer? is there any programs to help me with this, any help appreciated.

Should be able to with use of a cable with two 3.5mm (small computer ones, like the ones on yours speakers) outputs/in w/e, as in two ends that plug in. One in the headphone slot and one in the computer mic slot. Unless the line out on your amp is bigger than 3.5mm, that may be all you need

Don't hold me to it, may be more compleicated than just plugging into the headphones and microphone....

Edit: Ok then,, just a bit slow,,,, to help:

Place to get the cable,,,the 5th cable down the list

Fourth adapter down the list

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

Ok, its all wired but I have nothing on the computer to like, detect it, is there something I can get up on the screen that will allow me to record the input through the microphone plug, its all ticked and unticked in sndvol32.exe where it should be..

windows audio recorder? should be in start>programs>accessories>entertainment or something.

or windows movie maker and using the 'narrator' function. it is how i did it when i recorded some music. or use premiere or cubase or other stuff.

most efficent is probably windows movie maker.

windows audio recorder? should be in start>programs>accessories>entertainment or something.

or windows movie maker and using the 'narrator' function. it is how i did it when i recorded some music. or use premiere or cubase or other stuff.

most efficent is probably windows movie maker.

Very big help dude, Major T-F Brownie points for you, new question now, does my computer have a shit soundcard, when i play E6 it full on rasps like the volume is too high but every other note is alright..

Try turning the Master and Wave volumes down on your sound options and turn your speakers up to compensate. Windows volume just adds gain on the signal instead of amplifying it so it sounds shit at high volumes. Failing that, change the tone/EQ on your guitar/amp so the high end isn't so loud.

If it still messes you about it might be worth getting some actual audio recording/multitracking software, with proper level meters n stuff. You might be able to find some freeware on t'internet. Cubase is pretty good, but difficult to learn how to use.

I got a Line 6 Pod 2 which I use with my amp but when I want to do some recordings I use a Line 6 Guitar Port. Comes with all the software for recording and the fx's programmes. Its brilliant! You plug the guitar into the guitar port which then plugs in to the usb port and can then be rerouted to the amp. I play through my headphones as I like to hear it all clearly.

But if you want a programme to just record for now then I suggest Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer. I used to record on that via a microphone.... Can layer and mess with audio levels.

Good stuff. (Y)