School And Proxies

Trials Boy

Im sure every skl the same as mine have the usual sites banned, but mine takes the piss, every games site and "dating site" such as myspace has been blocked, even trials forum is!

Used proxies for a few weeks now they all been blocked! Anybody know a way of getting into a blocked site apart from a proxy site? (Eg: www.proxybear.com)

Cheers

Edited by Trials Boy

^ what he says is true.

Goto

www.google.com

And click on the language tools, just beside the seach box, scroll down to translate webpage and type it out.

Alot of things wont work, but its good for just general looking up on things, like Tf

I had this disscution with the head of ICT, in my school, and he said that they cant block it, as google and the language tools is 'educational'

We win :)

Right, my school blocks the word 'proxy' and 'procksee' so any websites containing this, do not work. They have also blocked hotmail, and i regularly need to look at my emails. So how can i access it. Google translator doesnt work. If someone could find me something decent that would be awesome. Also logmein doesnt work, as that has has also been blocked.

Right, my school blocks the word 'proxy' and 'procksee' so any websites containing this, do not work. They have also blocked hotmail, and i regularly need to look at my emails. So how can i access it. Google translator doesnt work. If someone could find me something decent that would be awesome. Also logmein doesnt work, as that has has also been blocked.

try www.hidemyass.co.uk or .com

Or www.250.eu

Install this on your home computer -

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Leave computer on while at school,

Type in your IP address at school

(que handy quote from tightvnc website)

The server listens for HTTP connections on port 5800 + display number. (Remember a WinVNC machine defaults to the display 0.) So to connect to the display 2 on machine "myhost", you would point your web browser at: http://[your IP address]:5802/ . The applet will prompt you for your password, and should then display the desktop.

Your screen from home should come up, allowing you to use your home computer from school..

Install this on your home computer -

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Leave computer on while at school,

Type in your IP address at school

(que handy quote from tightvnc website)

Your screen from home should come up, allowing you to use your home computer from school..

Also, Windows OneCare said it's unwanted software.

:o Just realised Tom's gonna look at our comps while we're out as he can see our IPs!

Edited by Fat Pants

Um, good question. I should know this from Uni, but I forgot.

Problem if your computers on the network will have private/internal IPs :S

Its possible, might just need to set up port forwarding on your router.. yep that might do it.

Oh fair enough, no idea how to set up the router but ill have a look if im ever that interested.

At my school they have 3 different measures in place to stop certain websites being viewed, yet today I followed someone in NMCs advice and put a . after the .com e.g. www.myspace.com. and it worked for every site! I was shocked. The administrators couldn't work out how I got onto youtube and logged in on myspace...

Everything is blocked at my college. You can't even get on Google Translate. And Babel Fish on Alta Vista just isn't as good.

Will definately try that TightVNC thing, trouble is, I'm behind a router, and I don't have admin rights...