The Bath Bleeding Technique?

moto_psycho

Hey, just wondering, why does it need to be in a bathtub or anything? Surely you can unmount the lever, unscrew the bleeder at the top, and unscrew the bleeder at the bottom of the brake, put the lever in a jug and just pump it through? (obv with something to catch stuff that comes out the bottom)

just wondering! i havnt taken mine apart yet to know if atall this aint possible, it just seems to me takeing the calipers off seems to be a bit of wasted time and effort, besides a little extra mess that can just be cleaned off with a bit of spirit or something?

Hey, just wondering, why does it need to be in a bathtub or anything? Surely you can unmount the lever, unscrew the bleeder at the top, and unscrew the bleeder at the bottom of the brake, put the lever in a jug and just pump it through? (obv with something to catch stuff that comes out the bottom)

just wondering! i havnt taken mine apart yet to know if atall this aint possible, it just seems to me takeing the calipers off seems to be a bit of wasted time and effort, besides a little extra mess that can just be cleaned off with a bit of spirit or something?

I never use the bath tub, i use 2 buckets of water because i find it easier.

Adam.

Well i just followed this method:

1. Fill the bucket or the bath full of water.

2.Take the brake off of your bike and put it in the bucket/bath.

3. Undo both bleed bolts, the one on the lever and the one on the slave. (Underwater)

4. Pump the brake and you should see some air coming out of the slave.

5. Do this until no more air comes out.

6. Do up both of the bleed bolts. (Again, underwater)

7. Take the brake out and it should be air free.

and it's worked perfect for me and no hassle atall.

If you can afford it, get the Magura Mini Service Kit. Comes with the syringe, pipe etc. Then you don't have to remove anything from the bike and is much easier to remove all the air. The best guide for doing it is in the Magura HS33 Manual

P.S. This is probably the hundredth topic on this subject! If you want to get validated, use the search!

Edited by fyfey