Anodised

BIGA1

How do you get the anodised coting off the metal (ie) cranks.

cheers.

Ashley

coustic soda in hot water works mint :turned: did my cranks and rims init , can get it from b n q for bout 4 pounds, its ment for unbloking drains , but works a treat , be carefull though it can be very corosive to skin :huh:

hope iv helped padarik

it wont rust, it will oxidize as it will be aluminium. Nitromors will probably do the trick

nitromors wont do feck all to anodising, just use coustic soda, poor it in a plastic tub add hot water put cranks in , 1 min later bang done. no need for any one else to put anything, this is the easyest way!

For a cheaper and faster effect wire bursh thingy in the end of a drill and go nuts on them!!! It'll get it off and layer of the aluminum that has oxerdized before the anodizing and you can then polish them up to bling all in half hour

Yep he's pretty much right. Even if you do use caustic soda i would still recommend to sand /wire brush the surface of the parts so as to allow for maximum effect when cleaning them up before you lacquer them.

coustic soda in hot water works mint :turned: did my cranks and rims init , can get it from b n q for bout 4 pounds, its ment for unbloking drains , but works a treat , be carefull though it can be very corosive to skin :huh:

hope iv helped padarik

This topic's been really helpful as i wanted to do it myself and caustic soda seems to be the way to go (Y)

but "Padarik" when you did your rims, where they built up wheels or just new rims without spokes and hubs ?

Cheers

Joel ;)

Edited by JsyJoel93

This topic's been really helpful as i wanted to do it myself and caustic soda seems to be the way to go (Y)

but "Padarik" when you did your rims, where they built up wheels or just new rims without spokes and hubs ?

Cheers

Joel ;)

sorry for bump :$ i had them as rims only not built up . id not worry bout leavin your cranks in to long, it would take hours for it to get to the metal (Y) just wear gloves and maybe eye protection just incase, an ice cream tub would be perfect to have them in . the soda does nothing to paint or plastics from my recolation so any plastic tub really

hope iv helped :- padarik