Gears No Gears?

kennedy1990

hi people i have only rode mod bikes. But i think that gears are good if you have to ride a long way to get to places to ride, also u could change your gearing whenever you wanted to, which can be good. But on the other hand gears can be a bad thing because they most of the time get in the way, also when you are doing sidehhops and you dont quite make it, then most of the time it well hit the rear meck and this can snap it most of the time. From what i have found from going on rides its always the bike that have gears that are having the proplems with the sidehop, its there rear meck. So from my point of view i would not get gear because of all the proplems that you get where them. To be fair you do get proplems with mods but not as much as stocks with gears. So thats what i think of this.

cheers (Y)

hi people i have only rode mod bikes. But i think that gears are good if you have to ride a long way to get to places to ride, also u could change your gearing whenever you wanted to, which can be good. But on the other hand gears can be a bad thing because they most of the time get in the way, also when you are doing sidehhops and you dont quite make it, then most of the time it well hit the rear meck and this can snap it most of the time. From what i have found from going on rides its always the bike that have gears that are having the proplems with the sidehop, its there rear meck. So from my point of view i would not get gear because of all the proplems that you get where them. To be fair you do get proplems with mods but not as much as stocks with gears. So thats what i think of this.

cheers (Y)

lol i hop up n side hop 2 the left though lol so i never hit my gears lol :P

Edited by kennedy1990

I suppose there both good for different things but for me its no gears, Its not really a problem if your on a ride you cant catch up because every ones usually riding singlespeed trials bikes, i ride stock by the way, il change my profile thing if you where confused :)

mike

Same as Krisboats except: 22 x 18 / 22 x 12, just for that extra umph` Still find it a pain riding 5 mile plus to get to a good spot though.... I'd like a seat to take the presure of my hands sometimes, god they ache after a bit. It's not gonna happen on a T-rex though as the bolt on seat is impractical for riding, only resting and I got my rear wheel for that.

Gears! :turned: