Happy With That

Phil H

I've never really learnt to sidehop before properly and it has always been far behind my kickhops etc. So I put some time in the last couple of days and found I've gone straight up to 30" which I presume is just so because of other trials skills I have learnt that can be used for sidehops. Managed one 34/35" sidehop but that was abit lucky if i'm honest, couldn't make it again :S

But anyway, what is the presumed 'average' and 'respectable' height for sidehopping?

Cheers, Phil

Well with out warming up. I can do 40" straight off. When i am warmed up about 43-44. When i am having a really good day, 45-46.

I would say average is around 39-40.

Just keep practicing dude.

Dan...........................

Good stuff. Will do. Only been at it a couple of days.

40" is my target by summer ;)

Phil

About 40" or something like that...There was a 'How high can you sidehop' topic in NMC..And most people were around 40-44"

I can get 42"..

Bar height and over is respectable...

I can do 40-41 every time... and iv done 45 once! and only once! lol, it was an awesome feeling!

Well with out warming up. I can do 40" straight off. When i am warmed up about 43-44. When i am having a really good day, 45-46.

I would say average is around 39-40.

Just keep practicing dude.

Dan...........................

yeah but, your all on mods which are sidehopping machines, whereas phil is on a stock, meaning his sidehops WILL be lower.

i tend to be getting 40-41 but my max ever was 42-43

yeah but, your all on mods which are sidehopping machines, whereas phil is on a stock, meaning his sidehops WILL be lower.

i tend to be getting 40-41 but my max ever was 42-43

Aha good point, didn't really consider that.

Another question I have now I think about it is: Which technique is mostly used?

The sidehop technique where you are completely still on the back wheel and the sidehop?

or

The technique from where your wheels are flat, kickhop once, dip the front and sidehop straight up?

Phil

Aha good point, didn't really consider that.

Another question I have now I think about it is: Which technique is mostly used?

The sidehop technique where you are completely still on the back wheel and the sidehop?

or

The technique from where your wheels are flat, kickhop once, dip the front and sidehop straight up?

Phil

OR

The one when you are on 2 wheels and just bean it from there....

I'm doing about 42" atm, but haven't really found anything a little higher to see if I can get it. Can sidehop over bar height stuff too.

Practice going to backwheel too (Y) I used to be able to do that higher than I could sidehop :lol:

I use the balancing on backwheel then gunning it technique, I find it gives me the most power but some people find other things help better. Just experiment and see what works for you.