New Bike

Feste

First, thanks to the people who helped me out yesterday...

And after looking at some different sites, I think I might get the Saracen Instinct 2.

instinct2.jpg

There's some info here.

What do you guys think? And has anyone ever had/riden one of these (or one of the similar ones).

plaese dont get that you can get something a lot better than that for £350 my mate is selling his DMR sidekick on e-bay for £300 with good spec. but your have to look for it as if i give you a link the mods mite thing im trying to sell you it. :rolleyes:

sorry your want it for trials. :$ but still dont get that.

Edited by paulbell123

Go for a 20" (smaller wheels) if you are new to the sport!

An Onza T-Vee or T-Bird would be great for you.

You would find the basics so much easier to learn on a 20".

(Y) Joe

If not, for £350 you could find an Onza t-pro!

Good bikes so i hear!

Edited by sheehan

That will be horrible for trials.

It's Saracen's version of a cheap jump bike, that will break if you jump it. ;)

You'd be better off getting a good started bike, and then some other bike for getting about. You really cannot combine the two, unless you have something like a BaseTA26, a Looooong seatpost, and gears...

So trials only... would the raptor be an OK bike to start with?

Even if I did you use it to get around, it really wouldn't need to get me far at all, just 10 minute ride to town or something, which I could easily do on a bmx. I'm not going vast distances.

Edited by Feste

So trials only... would the raptor be an OK bike to start with?

Even if I did you use it to get around, it really wouldn't need to get me far at all, just 10 minute ride to town or something, which I could easily do on a bmx. I'm not going vast distances.

Yeah the t-raptor would be fine, thats what i started on, however in my experience it is not a good idea to use trials bikes as get around bikes as well. A trials bike to me is strictly for trials lump it where im going on trials gear, ride, then lump it back

A planetX of some description (zebdi ideally) would fit the bill. I'm sure you could get one from ebay or fs/wtd here with a very good spec. for 350 quid.

T-raptors are ok, you're always going to be hindered by the fact they take a 22.something mil seatpost, and most mini seats have a short post. Saying that, I always used to ride mine to places sitting down and I'm on the lanky side of 6 foot.

Go for a 20" (smaller wheels) if you are new to the sport!

An Onza T-Vee or T-Bird would be great for you.

You would find the basics so much easier to learn on a 20".

(Y) Joe

If not, for £350 you could find an Onza t-pro!

Good bikes so i hear!

no offence mate but it doesnt matter what bike you start off on i started on a saracen x-ill now i have an echo pure 26" is just as easy to learn with.

don't get it, i used to work for halfords who sell these types of bikes there not worth the money, u can get better deals anywhere else (the list above). try something like a kona, giant, etc with a small frame if you want to start budget but good value.

Ben WST

Edited by gianttrials

try something like a kona, giant, etc with a small frame if you want to start budget but good value.

Ben WST

i started on and still ride a giant. its a great bike and strong as fook. there is a frame set and complete bike currently on ebay. last week there were 5 complete bikes!!!!

LINKY

LINKY 2

i love mine. but i'll be getting something without a seat soon.

Edited by bowman12

You're going through every bike I was first gonna get. First I looked at the T-raptor, then the Woodstock Rex Spec-1. Finally settled on an Echo Control. Costs a bit more, but will hopefully save me some money in the long run as it wont fall apart straight away!