Motogp V F1

mbuk

Hi people,what do you think is faster accelerating a motogp bike [valentino rossi],or a f1 car. [alonso],my grandad says a f1 car but i don't think so because im a bike fan,a motogp bike is not as fast on top end speed,but coming out of coners i think the bike will be quicker,a motogp bike has 260bhp and weighs about 175kg.please post your comments.

Self explanitory really... just ignore the boat!

(Y) Joe

yea huh, bit unfair,, comonn

f1 car £700,000+

bike £22,000?

boat £50,000

f1 car = loads of hp dunno how mutch?

bike = 260bhp

boat = 200hp + its more heavy and on water

its not a fair test, theres faster bikes. mutch faster boats eg, 271 mhp yes that fast.

Also its a stait, hum i wander who whould win on a track, bike, f1, or boat* well you would

have to use a jet boat on a speshial corse that is the same scale as the track.

eg jet boat 800hp + (Y)

Edited by Maximus

Self explanitory really... just ignore the boat!

(Y) Joe

Well, for a start that's not a GP bike, and the f1 car has got all this technical shite on it i.e traction control, and if Rutter (the bike rider) had of nailed from the start he would of been of the back in a blink of an eye. But still the f1 car would have beaten a gp bike on accelaration :( .

cheers mark.

f1 car £700,000+

bike £22,000?

boat £50,000

bike = 260bhp

its not a fair test, theres faster bikes. mutch faster boats eg, 271 mhp yes that fast.

Also its a stait, hum i wander who whould win on a track, bike, f1, or boat* well you would

eg jet boat 800hp + (Y)

That'd beat the F1 car and MotoGP bike even if it had to twice as far haha

Most dangerous motorsport in the world though, more fatalities per driver/pilot than anything else.

personnaly i think f1

the car would be so much more fun anyway

800hp in a boat is not much

our local lifeboat has well over 1200hp yet only does 35knots

the 500hp hursquvana bike would beat the car

Edited by Gavyn L

f1 car £700,000+

bike £22,000?

boat £50,000

bike = 260bhp

eg jet boat 800hp + (Y)

Point taken but this was only a rough guide. And the boat doesnt really matter as it was to do with F1 cars and MotoGP bikes. Also, a motogp bike wouldnt have that much better speed as the cogs are changed for better acceleration. Even a stock CBR1000RR can beat an F1 car because of the gearing! Also, the HP of a motor doesnt really matter either, its to do with power to weight ratios, making the bike a better choice for short distance races. For the sake of this thread i would say in the long run, the F1 car would still win, although the MotoGP would be quicker off the line as the F1 car needs to generate high RPM's to make power, but damn those F1 cars can go some!

(Y) Joe

That video on youtube,aganst bike,boat,and f1 car is unfair,because that bike is not a motogp bike its a bsb with about 190-210bhp,i think if you lined a motogp bike up with car and boat they would not stand a chance,power to weight ratio wise,that car was a f1 not a f3,f3 against bsb maybe,normal bikes on motorways are quicker than cars,my mates brother had 189mph on his gsxr1000,he said he has raced subaru's and what not, and at 140-150 smoke was coming out of the back they was pushing that hard,bikes are quicker full stop,0-60 wise and more bikes have a higher top speed than most cars do.shane.ps ghostriders 500bhp suzuki hayabusa is very quick,watch his video's on youtube.

personnaly i think f1

the car would be so much more fun anyway

800hp in a boat is not much

our local lifeboat has well over 1200hp yet only does 35knots

yes but dose your local lifeboat go 100mph and 0-60 in like 2.4 seconds,

corners like a beast and can operate in 4 inches of water, :D

a fully race tuned hyabusa would cane up, current is/ was the fastest production bike, at 13,000 quid and managing to get 200mph+ if u think u wanted to get that speed out of a car it would cost 300,000 quid, then again a drag car vs a drag bike who knows that would be interesting drag bike vs superbike this is just to give a quick idea of how fast a drag bike is compared to a superbike

Edited by trials-Oli

normal bikes on motorways are quicker than cars,my mates brother had 189mph on his gsxr1000,he said he has raced subaru's and what not, and at 140-150 smoke was coming out of the back they was pushing that hard,bikes are quicker full stop,0-60 wise and more bikes have a higher top speed than most cars do.

Then your mate's brother is an idiot, and will soon be dead.

Yes, bikes are quicker in some respects, but then they don't carry four people and luggage. Apples and oranges if you ask me. The good thing about cars though is not having to dress up in silly clothing, peeling mud out your eyes after a ride, and being able to get somewhere alive.

The thing with bikers is the whole lifestyle. I'm all for two wheeled fun, I've been a cyclist all my life, and would enjoy going out on motorbikes, MX bikes, trials bikes, the lot. However, the keen motorbicyclist - the lifestyle ones - seem to just ride their bikes somewhere, then spend their time dressed in leather in the company of other men drinking soft drinks before riding home again. If that's your thing, you don't need a motorbike...

Anyway, comparing F1 cars with motoGP, F1 cars are notoriously slow to pull away. 0-30 is more than some road cars as F1 engines with carbon clutches and low torque are difficult to put the power down in. Once they have traction though, they will beat pretty much anything with wheels around twisty bits thanks to big, sticky tyres and masses of downforce. Bikes can not match an F1 car under braking, or at apex speeds.

That video on youtube,aganst bike,boat,and f1 car is unfair,because that bike is not a motogp bike its a bsb with about 190-210bhp,i think if you lined a motogp bike up with car and boat they would not stand a chance,power to weight ratio wise,that car was a f1 not a f3,f3 against bsb maybe,normal bikes on motorways are quicker than cars,my mates brother had 189mph on his gsxr1000,he said he has raced subaru's and what not, and at 140-150 smoke was coming out of the back they was pushing that hard,bikes are quicker full stop,0-60 wise and more bikes have a higher top speed than most cars do.shane.ps ghostriders 500bhp suzuki hayabusa is very quick,watch his video's on youtube.

what a load of bollocks

bikes are not quicker than cars on motorways, tell you what get you mates brother and his bike and i'll take a bugatti veyron and race you down a motorway we'll see who wins. :huh: it's gonna be the bugatti!

bikes are fast at some things accelerating (0-60) but how often are you going less than 60 in a race on a quick track it'll only be when you take off and when you pit

cars will be faster on corners and will be able to brake a fair bit later than a bike

to answer the first question then

The bike will be fast from 0-30 but from 30 to 60 will be pretty even

Hi again,you say you will get a bugatti veyron,the bike will still win because the bugatti can not do 252mph on a motorway,because they have slight bends in them,in one of my recent mcn newspapers a fully road legal honda cbr600rr has done 201mph,and they are going to push it a bit more,and that never had a swingarm 6ft long it had a stock wheelbase,look at ghost riders busa turbo 500bhp!!!,there are bikes with turbos what will destroy that bugatti,the bugatti has 2 v8 engines together and 4 turbos,and just look at the price of it,if you ask me all that 1001bhp what it has got is a waste of time,and 4 tubos,what are they playing at at all,a standard 2006 gsxr1000 will do 186mph,hit 60mph in just under 3,and hit a ton in five,thats quick,for a standard road bike stick 2 turbos on it and watch it destroy,there is a video on youtube of a r1 turbo thats very quick,go on youtube and type in r1 turbo,o and a formula 1 car will do 0-125mph and stop in 6 secs,unbeatable,thanks shane.

Hi again,you say you will get a bugatti veyron,the bike will still win because the bugatti can not do 252mph on a motorway,because they have slight bends in them,in one of my recent mcn newspapers a fully road legal honda cbr600rr has done 201mph,and they are going to push it a bit more,and that never had a swingarm 6ft long it had a stock wheelbase,look at ghost riders busa turbo 500bhp!!!,there are bikes with turbos what will destroy that bugatti,the bugatti has 2 v8 engines together and 4 turbos,and just look at the price of it,if you ask me all that 1001bhp what it has got is a waste of time,and 4 tubos,what are they playing at at all,a standard 2006 gsxr1000 will do 186mph,hit 60mph in just under 3,and hit a ton in five,thats quick,for a standard road bike stick 2 turbos on it and watch it destroy,there is a video on youtube of a r1 turbo thats very quick,go on youtube and type in r1 turbo,o and a formula 1 car will do 0-125mph and stop in 6 secs,unbeatable,thanks shane.

what a load of bollocks

bikes are not quicker than cars on motorways, tell you what get you mates brother and his bike and i'll take a bugatti veyron and race you down a motorway we'll see who wins. :huh: it's gonna be the bugatti!

you forgot, the Koenigsegg ccx :D

ccx_studio_side_front.jpg

it hast to be in this topic, fastest car around the top gear test track, so far, + 246 mph

i love it... and it nealy killed there tame racing driver (stigg).

the one that sucks moisture from ducks and has his helmet styled around britny spears haircut? yeah thats him!

do you know this ghost rider boy, cause you sound like he's a personal friend

i was talking about something road legal so that you could actually go on a motorway otherwise i'd have said the car which holds the land speed record >_<

i bet that car will still win because a bike can't go round corners at that speed either the car would still exceed 200 which the bike won't!

you can stick what you want on the bike you won't be able to ride it well at all whats the need for all that power on a bike when you'll never use it.

crash the car you've got a chance crash the bike at that speed your dead regardless!

plus you don't look like a homo in a gimp suit in a car.

Edited by Gavyn L

i was talking about something road legal so that you could actually go on a motorway otherwise i'd have said the car which holds the land speed record >_<

If you're reffering to the wheel driven land speed record that car is actually very very slow off the mark (gas turbine engine).

Thrust SSC is a fast b*****d in general though.

But that's completely off topic really.

M'bikes are faster than cars in straight lines until you start getting silly speeds then cars tend to win cos they're more stable etc. Bikes definitely have the upper hand when it comes to acceleration though.

If you're reffering to the wheel driven land speed record that car is actually very very slow off the mark (gas turbine engine).

Thrust SSC is a fast b*****d in general though.

But that's completely off topic really.

M'bikes are faster than cars in straight lines until you start getting silly speeds then cars tend to win cos they're more stable etc. Bikes definitely have the upper hand when it comes to acceleration though.

i wasn't actually commenting on the acceleration thing mainly the whats faster on the motorway comment

Yes you are right about the cornering speeds,but on some corners like a chicane, a bike can just go straight threw it,a car has to turn round in to it,the bike have better accelerating speeds on the straights,they are just a bit slower on the top end,but if you got a straight on a track i know what would get to the end first,even if a f1 car could go 300mph which it cant,bikes will always be faster than coffins,due to power to weight ratio,bikes win in my books.