My Snowy Pads!

JohnyMilton

Well Snowy pads there great I dont use any other pad, only Snowys! But one thing that is annoying me is that im on my second pair in around 2months, but the ones Im using at the moment I have been using for a month,what they are doing is when they wear down to a certain point, they dont work as good, I cant explain it, the exact same thing happen to my first pair, has this happened to anyone before, and if so do you know why it is? I use them with light grind on V-brake or Maggie! but they still slip just started on saturday!

Cheers

Johny

Edited by JohnyTrials

Take the pad's out.

Sand them down, then Re-set them up square to the rim.

Once youve done that.

Re-grind your rim if your running a grind.

Then pour boiling hot water of the pad and rim, and draqg the brake around.

This should put 'em back to normal.

:)

I try re-grinding the rim and sanding the pad, but its not helping, they still slip!

I will try the boil water bit and see how it goes!

Thanks a lot mate!

Johny

2nd pair in 2 months, that is not realy very good mind you......

Adam

yea I used to use a harsh grind on them, but learnt to use a light! lol

stupid Johny :unsure:

Discs :-

Work straight out the box!

Silent, no grind needed, excellent pad wear, don't slip like maggies (unless contaminated with oil)

I love disc/magura fights, bring it on!

I would like a good old disk on the back, but when i tryed it, i bent the rear disk, wnet through quite a few so thats why I use maggie or V!!!

Johny

Well Snowy pads there great I dont use any other pad, only Snowys! But one thing that is annoying me is that im on my second pair in around 2months, but the ones Im using at the moment I have been using for a month,what they are doing is when they wear down to a certain point, they dont work as good, I cant explain it, the exact same thing happen to my first pair, has this happened to anyone before, and if so do you know why it is? I use them with light grind on V-brake or Maggie! but they still slip just started on saturday!

Cheers

Johny

I have had the exact same thing happen to me!

I run my rear rim without a grind.

There are two ways ive found that get them working 100 percent again.

1 Drag the brake down a very steep hill and as they heat up it seems to clean the crap of the surface of the rim/pad.

2 I washed my bike the other day with Muc off dgreaser and this had the same effect. I didnt clean the pads, just the entire rim.

I dont grind and havent found them to wear fast at all.

They have everthing inbetween light touch feathering for manuals and solid lock with a nice high pitched sqeek when they bite.

Unless u ride in the rain ( wich i dont) try them with a smooth rim. in my opinion you dont need to grind with snowies.

Chris

try setting up the pads properly, i do this by loosening the mounts off, then set the up so that all of the pad will hit the rim and so that the pads the distance i want it to be from the rim,then i tighten the bolts up but only so that they can be moved with force, the i put something like two 1 pence coins between the pad and the rim,I do this so that the pads are parallel to the rim, then tighten them up, the coins(or what ever you will use) may be hard to take out but it should be easy enough.

Abe