Monty 219 Magura?

hi courtney,

i dont like the frame on that bike. BUT it will be a good starter and u can always just get a new frame when u get a bit better and more into trials. just check that the tyre isnt one of those 2.8's like the monty 219 alp because i hear it makes the back end of the bike weigh a ton. hope ive helped.

Well, in terms of geometry it's the same as every other Monty frame. I'd go for it, might not look as good as the PR but it's definitely worth the money.

I think the cheapo Monty tyre is a 2.5" not 2.8".

As far as weight goes, the 2.7" is 1,25kg and 2.6" Eagle Claw are bang on 1kg.

Hi i am thinking about buying a Monty 219 Magura '07 in 2 weeks and was wondering if anybody has any opinions on it and whether it is worth getting. This will help me decide and would like to thank all the people who post.

Personaly i would buy a second hand one of here for that price. The PR's tend to be around £300.

• 2 weeks later...

It is the monty biketrial tyres that are 2.7 they make the bike feel like there is loads of drag on the back wheel.I'd try cleanbikes not so new section on their website, there isn't any second hand 219 maguras on there on the moment but they sell them brand new in a range of colours.Check it out cleanbikes