English Gcse Help

Ryan.

i've have got my final english unit exam in a month now and we have been told to plan a talk that involves some sort of issue. At the minute i'd like to do something about trials biking but im stumped for ideas... just want to know if anyone has done something along these lines before? and if they can help me out?

ryan

My English teacher showed us some videos of final GCSE talk things. And people got As for things like pregnancy and drug abuse etc. So just do a druggy and set it over a number of days with confrontation of the parent and child and probably throw in that the parent is/was a drug abuser etc. Just don't do one on the medical condition GAIDS. Didn't go down too well

As said above do something like global warming, drug abuse, animal abuse etc. When i did this a few years back the people who did a subject that people would actually seemed to give a damn about got higher marks. I did animal abuse and ended up on an A. Aslong as you research it correctly though and can talk confidently to a crowd, making eye contact etc you will get a high mark.

Although trials would be a blatant choice to someone from outside our scene won't really give a damn or find it interesting so just take the easy route and get the grade instead of maybe screwing it up

Alexxx

alright then looks like trials is outta the window lol how much research did you all do?? and how long did you plan to make your speech....also we've just been told we can bump up our marks as we have to disscuss people's talks and come up with questions. it's getting better lol

do something thats current and up to date, otherwise its boring. Also you can use the millions of news websites for information

For my german exam I had to do about the problems of being young, German media, alternative energy sources (erneubar energie quelle before someone asks :P ) pollution and a few other random stuff

do it on crime in your area? surely you and everyone in your class has noticed that so it'd get everyone involved. Could even get the audience to take part in "guess who raped who last night" quiz