Getting Back Stolen Stuff?

RobinJI

Right, basically 2 years ago I had my DH bike stolen from my garden. Now, 2 years on the rear break and the front break mount turn up together for a bleed in my LBS (definitely mine, was a bit of a hybrid and a really rare mount).

The guy who runs the LBS is a legend and knows me well, and also knows the break is mine so that's not an issue.

Now according to a good friend of my mums who's an ex copper, This is enough evidence for them to pay the guy a visit and have a look for the rest of my bike, and investigate into where its gone, and the LBS don't need to give the guy back my break, so I'm pretty sure I'm now up one rear break (Y) .

So yeah, Does this sound about right? I'd love to get my old bike back, I don't really need it as I have a new DH bike now (after lots of saving up) But I don't want this scumbag to get away with it, And at least I could get a few hundred quid for the bike and maybe get my driving license sorted. So any advice is welcomed.

i saw a guy riding my mates echo pure last night which was stolen about 6 months ago, walked uped to him pushed him off it and took it back, not really relavent i know

but, the bike may have been stolen two years ago but it is still yours so get it back.

Steve

i saw a guy riding my mates echo pure last night which was stolen about 6 months ago, walked uped to him pushed him off it and took it back, not really relavent i know

but, the bike may have been stolen two years ago but it is still yours so get it back.

Steve

Yeah, too right. At the same time the bells stole my 24seven dirt bike and like 2 days later some mates of mine basicaly mugged a guy for it and brought it back to me. haha.

Dan, if your talking about my mates taking back the 24seven, then they didnt actualy hurt the guy, and when they questioned him about the other bike he knew they ad both been stolen.

If you mean the parts in the LBS, the mechanic recognised them and asked where he got them from and he just said 'from a mate' and wouldnt be any more specific, also the guy had a bit of a reputation for being dodgy. So if he didnt steel them, then chances are he knows there stolen, in which case I have zero sympathy for the guy.

I know that if you buy a stollen car whether you know its stolen or not, then its tough, and if its found to be stollen by the police, then they will just take it back regardless, leaving you out of pocket. I've always thought this was harsh in alot of cases with cars, but in this case, as he's a dodgy bloke anyway, and seems to know its stolen, tough.

Dan, if your talking about my mates taking back the 24seven, then they didnt actualy hurt the guy, and when they questioned him about the other bike he knew they ad both been stolen.

If you mean the parts in the LBS, the mechanic recognised them and asked where he got them from and he just said 'from a mate' and wouldnt be any more specific, also the guy had a bit of a reputation for being dodgy. So if he didnt steel them, then chances are he knows there stolen, in which case I have zero sympathy for the guy.

I know that if you buy a stollen car whether you know its stolen or not, then its tough, and if its found to be stollen by the police, then they will just take it back regardless, leaving you out of pocket. I've always thought this was harsh in alot of cases with cars, but in this case, as he's a dodgy bloke anyway, and seems to know its stolen, tough.

Hey robin, i wouldn't mind a Marin for haldon and stuff. well if andys keeping the brake, when the guy comes back to collect it get andy to get his address, then pay a visit with some big lads. break a couple of legs and his nose, till he tells you where you got this stuff from.

i don't know why you didn't turn up to the guys house when he had your 24/7 i would be furious. ideally you want "adolf" a ex german body builder i know who happens to be 6ft 4 and weigh about 19 stone to sit on him.

Edited by Broomer

Hey robin, i wouldn't mind a Marin for haldon and stuff. well if andys keeping the brake, when the guy comes back to collect it get andy to get his address, then pay a visit with some big lads. break a couple of legs and his nose, till he tells you where you got this stuff from.

i don't know why you didn't turn up to the guys house when he had your 24/7 i would be furious. ideally you want "adolf" a ex german body builder i know who happens to be 6ft 4 and weigh about 19 stone to sit on him.

Haha, true, but if I'd gone to the guy with the 24seven I'd have got in more shit than him, because the only evidence against him was word of mouth, so shit all really. Dunno if the marin would be big enough for you but your welcome to it for cheep if I get it back. My mums mate whos an ex cop also ownes Pheonix fitness, so hes far from a small guy as you'd expect form an ex cop who ownes a gym. haha. And he said if the poilce didnt get there arse in gear he'd be willing to help out the old fasioned way. (Y)

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Dunno if the marin would be big enough for you but your welcome to it for cheep if I get it back.

ah cool. what size is it? and could i run my 130mm DJ's on it for a while? if i can ride my super short Curtis i can ride a small marin.

at least theres a chance you can get your stuff back, bearing in mind for about a year and a half you gave up on all hope on getting anything back. do you know the guys name? get Andy to ring him up and tell him to pick up the brakes at a certain time, and have two coppers waiting inside and us guys outside so he wont be going anywhere.

Edited by Broomer

With the 24seven, because I only had hicksy and waller and that lots word that it was him riding it, and then his word that he'd got it off a mate the cops wouldn't do anything, trust me, I tryed, alot!

Andys do have his name and home phone number, but because theres physical evidence it mean we can do better than getting him into andys, we can get the cops to do a house call and look for the rest of the bike while there at it, Just need to get stuff sorted with the cops, 'cos aparently crime only happens in chard 9-5 monday to friday.

Also the marin is the smalest size they came in, would be nice with the DJ3s, its a 16" frame size, but its pretty short.

With the 24seven, because I only had hicksy and waller and that lots word that it was him riding it, and then his word that he'd got it off a mate the cops wouldn't do anything, trust me, I tryed, alot!

Andys do have his name and home phone number, but because theres physical evidence it mean we can do better than getting him into andys, we can get the cops to do a house call and look for the rest of the bike while there at it, Just need to get stuff sorted with the cops, 'cos aparently crime only happens in chard 9-5 monday to friday.

Also the marin is the smalest size they came in, would be nice with the DJ3s, its a 16" frame size, but its pretty short.

as small as my curtis with its 990mm wheel base? i hope things go well dude and you get it back.