74 Kingz Tensioner

Watson©

Right... got my 74 Kingz Tensioner fitted, tightend up the bolts etc first then wacked it on but when I position it so it's applying tension on the chain not all of the area is running along the chain, it's more the back end thats running along, and the more I adjust the steel arm down the less area touches the chain... I can't understand why it's doing this...

Heres a pic of mine...

P3200023.jpg

And this is what I want it to be like... sitting flush and all area of the runner touching...

large_74ts2.jpg

I also noticed, the steel plates in the TartyBikes picture bends round in a nice curve (Blue Line) where as mine goes straight (Red line)...

kingz.jpg

No matter how much I try and I can't seem to get it in a curve, could this be one of the reasons why the runner isn't coming into contact with the whole chain and leaning more the to back end??

I'm not 100% sure if it's safe to run it like this, as it does seem a wee bit dodgy to me... that's why I'm asking you guys if there's a solution to fix this?

So any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (Y)

Hey Ross,

You need the curve as in the pic on our site - like you've said, bending the spring stops it from sitting correctly... It seems people are pushing too hard on the tensioner when setting it up, we've had a couple of people saying they have bent the springs... I'll add a note to our site now. Springs are available separately if you need them, but for now I'd try and bend them back straight, and then set the tensioner up without excess force.

Hope that helps (Y)

Ads

Site updated: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10008

I have this tensioner and I love it.

If your steel plates are straight it might be because you should use one instead of the 2 in order to lower tension.

I noticed that 2 plates apply too much tension. Try to bend them with you hands, and you will see how hard it is.

So I removed one plate and now it's much better.

Hope that's helps too...

Check out mine (with 1 plate):

tensioner74kingzfo7.jpg

ill have a look at it for you if you would like my kind glaswegian monkey rapist :)?>

unnerstan pal :P

I understand lol... I got it working proper good now, they are awesome once there fitted correctly! ^_^

Do they make a noise when pedaling?

Not a single sound (Y)