Secndlayer.com - 'slyr

Mr_scott

Been a while since I've updated, most of you that heard of Secndlayer a while ago probably thought the project had died off, well....its not...

I'm working on some t-shirts and a few other funky products + a new site at Uni at the moment so all being well I should be up and running for the summer.

I'm also working on my screen printing skills, this means every design will be created, the screen burnt and the t-shirts printed by myself.

Limited quantity's so that the chances of you seeing another guy in the same t as you is slim.

They ain't non of this CSS fancy shit used on the site as I ain't a clue how to do it.

Check the graphics and click the links!

Identity....

Type face:

post-4136-1174517227.jpg

Logo:

post-4136-1174517236.jpg

One last thing... SLYR! is said as each letter individual.

Peace

Craig..

Secndlayer.com™ - 'slyr™

Edited by Mr_scott

Sweet. I love it. Get a Mac and i'll be 400% happier ;)

Cheers for the myspace add by the way.

EDIT: I'm pissed off at how complicated my site is now haha. I want something like that instead. Guess I better get redesigning!!

Edited by MonsterJ

Get a Mac and i'll be 400% happier

I like macs but have only just started using them at uni, I work faster on a pc, maybe once I know a mac as well as I know a pc I'll get one.

Edited by Mr_scott

I know you may not have ever seen this, but; http://www.rideurban.info/br3n_v4/index.htm

Just reminds me completely of Brendan's old design, and i didn't really like that because it was just too simple.

There's no feeling, no weight to it. I know its only temporary, but it may as well just be an un-style bullet list. :(

However, looking through the graphics bit, it looks like you are super talented, but if i went to the site without looking through that, i would of been like, "what the f**k is this", kind of thing.

Centre it around the graphics that you've created, and don't sideline them. Hell, look at Brendans for pretty much that, as it looks like you have the same sort of style going on.

I know you may not have ever seen this, but; http://www.rideurban.info/br3n_v4/index.htm

Just reminds me completely of Brendan's old design, and i didn't really like that because it was just too simple.

There's no feeling, no weight to it. I know its only temporary, but it may as well just be an un-style bullet list. :(

However, looking through the graphics bit, it looks like you are super talented, but if i went to the site without looking through that, i would of been like, "what the f**k is this", kind of thing.

Centre it around the graphics that you've created, and don't sideline them. Hell, look at Brendans for pretty much that, as it looks like you have the same sort of style going on.

Thats sound Simon, I know what you mean after going back to the site.

I'll make some changes when I get some more free time :)

I've seen Brendans work before as well, nice stuff.

Cheers,

Craig.

The little creatures are....kool!.

Girls tee's?

Possibly Nadz.

dont know if you would be interested but www.sitepoint.com does competitions, someone sets up a contest with a prize to design logos, coded web templates and uncoded templates. If your into that sort of thing you should give it a go becasue youve got skills,even if its just logos. I dont do it but a mate of mine has been doing it for about 6 months and hes now got a parts time job designing web templates hes only 16 and he just does it in his spare time.

Callum

Wow. Some of the designs are awesome and yer when i saw the little poeple i thought they'd make perfect girls tee's aswell. :) What kinda streetwear you planning on doing? Just tees or what?

I love the: ' All rights reserved / All wrongs reversed' aswell :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd think about upping the quality of the actual tees. And the printing too, which i think you said you have (or at least changed the method).

I like secndlayer stuff, just the overall quality needs to be much better.

hay... them logos look mint. have you made some stickers for them if you have i would be very interested in geting some. and mint site mate

Edited by samo

I'd think about upping the quality of the actual tees. And the printing too, which i think you said you have (or at least changed the method).

I like secndlayer stuff, just the overall quality needs to be much better.

Ye, the new stuff is all going to be screen printed and I've found a t-shirt that fits and washes corking.

It's all part of a uni project now, so quality, testing and values all have to be evaluated and sorted out.

hay... them logos look mint. have you made some stickers for them if you have i would be very interested in geting some. and mint site mate

Not got any sticks made up yet, will have once the t-shirts are on sale.

If anyone is interested, here's some prints I've been working on, http://slyr.carbonmade.com, I'll also be looking at typography, pictographic and Ideographic styles for t-shirt prints.

Edited by Mr_scott

Ye, the new stuff is all going to be screen printed and I've found a t-shirt that fits and washes corking.

It's all part of a uni project now, so quality, testing and values all have to be evaluated and sorted out.

Not got an sticks made up yet, will have once the t-shirts are on sale.

If anyone is interested, here's some prints I've been working on, http://slyr.carbonmade.com, I'll also be looking at typography, pictographic and Ideographic styles for t-shirt prints.

Are you going to bring out any of those bike trials tee's again like the one of you hopping over the rail and the egged wheel ect...

Are you going to bring out any of those bike trials tee's again like the one of you hopping over the rail and the egged wheel ect...

No! That wasn't one of my tee's, just one with my name on to attract customers.

There ain't going to be any trials related tee's as far as 'SLYR go's.

Sorry to disappointed if you were hoping.

Edited by Mr_scott

No! That wasn't one of my tee's, just one with my name on to attract customers.

There ain't going to be any trials related tee's as far as 'SLYR go's.

Sorry to disappointed if you were hoping.

Yeash i was kinda, will you bring somthing with a nice stencal font JUST saying secondlayer, well that was kind of a suggestion as to a nice tee. Good luck!

Could you post some photos up of those secndlayer hats, i remember seeing them a while back and thinking they looked a bit cool.

That was a while back! Not got the photos anymore, not going to be doing any for a while, if any at all.