Hope Mono Trial

Luzac

I am currently not useing a front brake!! (as my fork snapped and i dont have 4 bolt mounts at the moment)

i've got a hope mono 07 and echo urbans coming this week though.

just wondering what tool do you usually use to face the disc mounts on forks?

is it a bike shop jobbie or can it be done at home? i have access to lathes and mills if there any help!

any help appreciated, john.

if you want something faced properly the hope tool is probably the best. its what i use in the workshop at work anyway...

its not worth getting a tool in my opinion, decent ones are very expensive and really how often will you use it? easier to go into a bikeshop that knows what they're doing and let them work the magic, it isn't an expensive job.

steve

are you usually genrally a wanker as well? comon hes asking for some help! maybe he doent know what to do to make it better!

You need to calm down, it was a joke and your going OTT your telling me that nobody jokes in serious threads go get a life and stop going crazy it wasn't like it was some personal joke that would offend him, and it wasn't as if he wasn't getting any advise and i had said it!

P.s Sorry to the starter of this thread if i offended you, but I'm sure you took it as a joke, unlike some!

thats not what hes saying though.... hes saying that if you can transfer your body wight and use the modulation of the brake to your advantage.... some people dont like the grabby grabby feel of some brakes...

exactly, it`s all about preference, it`s like asking what the best gear is, depends on how you ride, and saying that mono trial is bad is like saying 22-16 is a bad gearing.

I would never go with an mechanical disc at the front, but thats just me, i love the modulation hydraulics give me, and i don`t need more power, never slipped for me.

It`s all about how you ride.