Jonnyjones.co.uk

Jonny Jones

Just thought I'd tell you people about the site ive been working on for the last two weeks. Its my portfolio site. The structure is basic but I like the blacks, whites and greys. Uses simply html and css. Theres most of my past work on there, mostly non-trials. Let me know what you think, im open to constructive criticism if there is any.

www.jonnyjones.co.uk

Cheers!

Jonny.

It all looks very linear, which is fine, but Id have thought that a more creative idea would be better for an online portfolio. My point being that you want something that is individual and would stand out, whereas I could see 8 out of 10 portfolio sites being of a simlar structure/layout.

Im currently in the process of developing ideas for my personal portfolio website, want something simple and clean, but its hard to design something which is unique and works well.

It all looks very linear, which is fine, but Id have thought that a more creative idea would be better for an online portfolio. My point being that you want something that is individual and would stand out, whereas I could see 8 out of 10 portfolio sites being of a simlar structure/layout.

Im currently in the process of developing ideas for my personal portfolio website, want something simple and clean, but its hard to design something which is unique and works well.

True! I went through about 3 different working sites before getting to this. Im just a fan of black and white, and a load of other video production company websites are of a similar colour scheme, I think it just works - if it aint broke... I guess the linear aspect of it is based on the lines you get in video resolution, be it 500 (dv) 625 (full pal tv) or 1080 (hd). Thats my justification anyway.

Thanks for all the comments so far people!

JJ.

Edited by trialmedia

My real name is Jonathan Jones, but all my mates call me Jonny or JJ and...

How it should be...

My real name is Jonathan Jones, but all my mates call me Jonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny or JJ and...

Ok?

I'll reply on design when i can actually see less then 3 of the same one. :D

Is that Giles Wolff on the left?

Noo its me! Ive recently got new glasses and I had a Britney Spears moment in the barbers and had a grade 1 on top, 0.5 on the back and sides lol! What do you mean, Si, about 3 of the same thing? Im guessing you know of 3 other sites that look the same? Its all about the work though surely? Site is only there as a platform, my Mum likes it anyway LMFAO!

JJ.

I was drunk. :turned:

Edit in about 5 minutes after i've looked, just wanted to clear that up.

Love the site, love the work pages more though. Done some excellent stuff, hope you go far. (Y)

Not sure on the whole black and white thing going on, but i can see where you're coming from for that, so its kinda cool.