Special Hubs

jonny_smith

I think you can ride backward without pedaling if you have two freewheels one on the front and one on the back, but i havent tried it i was considering putting a freewheel on my mission but dent have any money lol

Edited by mission1

I think you can ride backward without pedaling if you have two freewheels one on the front and one on the back, but i havent tried it i was considering putting a freewheel on my mission but dent have any money lol

no, that doesn't happen....it still engages like normal, cept 2 freewheels have to engage instead, don't even bother

ive been told you could also get this effect by running a geared bike with spacers on the casette, by tuning the deraileur so that one of your 'gears' would actually be a spacer

I have also heard this , you would have to change gear then pedal forward so that it fell on to the spacer so it would roll backwords, no point really :closedeyes:

I have also heard this , you would have to change gear then pedal forward so that it fell on to the spacer so it would roll backwords, no point really :closedeyes:

agreed, i used to think it would be fun to do this just to make people wonder how.. but it seems like a big hassle, plus having a deraileur and shifter adding weight to your bike, just to do one sort-of cool looking trick

ive been told you could also get this effect by running a geared bike with spacers on the casette, by tuning the deraileur so that one of your 'gears' would actually be a spacer

jeff leonsky runs it so it cant be that hard to use just as ur setting up for a fakie flick it into the spacer on the run up then should be fine

erm you may be correct by saying that but to my recolection i dont belive he did

mike

Yes he did...I can remember watching on extreme sports were he was fakieing down some stairs with the spacer method...He eventually...Fell off.Think it was on one of the new world disorder videos or chain reaction...I do remember it being in japan though,There was a trials rider on it.