Problem With My Bb And Quick Releases

STC

Hey All,

I'm having a problem with my bb and quick releases.

1. Why is my bb clicking when I do backwheels? My friend told me it's my hub skipping but it's not

2. Why is my front wheel keep moving to the left? Is there a problem with my quick releases?

Comments welcome,

Cheers,

luke

your wheel moving will be down to one side of the droupouts being bent slightly but i dont know about the hub

you cant really fix it properly without bending it back but the bend will be tiny

Proberly but thanxs for the advice

get a new bb, if it still clicks then it is the hub!

Might get a new bb thanxs for the advice

Depending on the hub you've got the movement could be caused by loose cones maybe? If the wheel remains straight between your forks but moves laterally to the left like a bead sliding along an abacus, it might be the hub cones are loose - I had a bit of hassle like this with Shimano hubs when I used to run them. If the movements more like a move to the left then back to a straight line, the wheel could be buckled, or the QR's bent (although I think that might just permanently incline the wheel to the left). Maybe its just knackered and is slipping out of the left hand drop out cos its not tight enough? Its probably nothing out of the list above, but it might be worth checking for them just in case.

Depending on the hub you've got the movement could be caused by loose cones maybe? If the wheel remains straight between your forks but moves laterally to the left like a bead sliding along an abacus, it might be the hub cones are loose - I had a bit of hassle like this with Shimano hubs when I used to run them. If the movements more like a move to the left then back to a straight line, the wheel could be buckled, or the QR's bent (although I think that might just permanently incline the wheel to the left). Maybe its just knackered and is slipping out of the left hand drop out cos its not tight enough? Its probably nothing out of the list above, but it might be worth checking for them just in case.

It could be that