First Bike?!

konrad565

Right, want to get started but haven't got a clue what bike to get... I want to start doing trial stuff but I also want to be able to cycle for slightly longer distances as well (is that even possible) so firstly what size should I get? (20' 24' 26') Should I get stock or mod? and what brakes are best in general disc or 'V'?? Could someone sugest some decent beginner/starter bikes for me to check out?

If you want to be able to cycle distance i guess go for a 26". I ride 20" so cant recomend one but go onto www.tartybikes.com and have a look at one u like then repost - in this thread- and ask for oppinions/reviews on the bikes youlike (Y)

good luck and welcome to trials maha

Stock will allow longer and fast rolling because of the bigger wheels. Gears are also available to use but can prove more hassle than worth it if your not sure on what your doing. Second hand bikes tend to be the way forward due to the cheapness and hassle free of building etc. For £300/400 you can pick up more than what you would need. But chances are finding a bike with working gears on here is every so slim. I know there are few people that still use them though. Another bonus of buying second hand is the resale value won't drop to low.

Fogot to answer you other question. Vee brakes will be fine. Ease of use, ease of setup but extremely powerfull if, again, you know what your doing.

Edited by eskimo

Well I get the impression, the trials and ''normal'' cycling dont mix... not a problem I think I might go all out and get a full on trials bike!

Which one between M.A.D phase 1.3 and Onza t-bird...

(Iknow they're very different but....)

Save a bit more and get a T-Pro...

...I know there are a few about - but they're so much better!

Id say also save up and get a t-pro, and then upgrade to a magura on the back and sell me the v-adaptors :Plol T-pros are great bikes to start on i had one and improved my riding when i got it and have a great spec for the money you pay.

If i were u i would look @ the 06 onza range cos the 07 range is crap in comparison. Either way look @ the t-bird (my bike BTW, and it's BRILL!!! it puts a grin from ear 2 ear whenever i ride it) or the t-pro. magura r the compromise between V's & discs so have a look.

if your wanting to travel long distances 24" or 26" are the answer. however i found it difficult to learn trials on a 26". if you dont know the techiniques this can be hell. for this reason i'd suggest buying a 20" onza t-pro 06 and then just buy an cheap bike mountain bike for traveling long distances