Reviews On The Deng Free Hubs

Trialsbikenut

might be getting one of these if i can get rid of the profile wheel...

but is it worth it hahaa

this topics helped so much, and also not.

can they take alot of pressure on them without skipping??

does the sprocket size effect theamount of skipping?

sorry, just trying to find out why some skip and some dont.

Edited by Martin Grainger

I love Inur.

And for the record, I rode a bog standard ACS Claws freewheel for easily over a year, NEVER skipped on me. No servicing, didn't even loctite/weld the lockring. My King skipped easily 20 times in the first few months. Got new rings and it's been mint since.

Glue seems sketchy, got pics?

sell the profile and get the deng hub it's worth the risk if you keep it well serviced it will serve you aswell as any other hub for it's price. and even if it does skip once or twice it's better than braking the hubshell on a profile.

If my memory doesn't lie the Chris King drivering is also glued in......yeah actually from seeing a movie of how to put back together a King it is........So it maybe depends on the glue.....

Never ridden a deng freehub, but the 108.9=shit. It's been like 6 months of riding and my riding is like 2 times at a week and it started skipping last week......Thinking of getting an Echo FW maybe.....

Why not? (is it to do with spoke holes?)

Yep.

Glue seems sketchy, got pics?

Its glue and a thread. Most hubs just use a thread... so it's actually a better system.

echo fw.......sure

echoewwm0.jpg

:lol::lol:

First batch freewheel with materials defect, all been recalled, shouldn't have been sold.

sell the profile and get the deng hub it's worth the risk if you keep it well serviced it will serve you aswell as any other hub for it's price. and even if it does skip once or twice it's better than braking the hubshell on a profile.

Profile hubshell snapping?!

Haven't read the whole topic but my profile is going on 4 years old and hasn't had a single part replaced. It works mint too...

If my memory doesn't lie the Chris King drivering is also glued in......yeah actually from seeing a movie of how to put back together a King it is........So it maybe depends on the glue.....

King drive rings sit on splines machined into the inside of the hub shell I'm pretty sure.

Yep.

Its glue and a thread. Most hubs just use a thread... so it's actually a better system.

Ah right, sweet (Y)

Are the new ones that come around going to be ok?

More than likely, but there still gunna be more money than an eno :P

But that not what you said. You said they were relying on their name to sell stuff and that it was a shitty approach. Koxx do the yabaa stuff too, the bows the cheap copies of the levelbosses at entry level prices.

Koxx have recently brought out the following:

20" XTP long & short versions

Karbon

Wasp

Koxx Coustellier

KSAS

Derangboy (i thought this was dangerboy :S )

The vinco Excessboy

Kirl

The hydroxx frames

The "kamel"

The crazy, hippy, flowered coloured thing (don't know what frame that ended up being, dual top tube one)

Yabaa bow

Cheaper Levelboss bikes

Dengs brought out:

Updates on existing frame he's been doing for a while; Pitbull, python, Control, adamant A1, GU, Lite, Team and echo pure.

Recently released the A3

Done the mod-stock things on the pitbull, control and adamant lines.

Koxx have definately done more with regards to R&D on frames, maybe this is their main concern with the amount of parts already available. Theres also the 108.9 click freewheel, the new ranges of bars (rage ones look very very good), fluro and mirror Rims, Peddles, Ti Bolts :lol: , Helmets, Headset, Gloves.

Theres a lot of stuff there thats been overlooked, and enough stuff to prove that they've hardly "done a monty". How many clothes ranges and helmets has deng done? New frames?

Lets face it, he's got a lot of products, but their all the same thing with just slight cosmetic changes.

Ok, Koxx have done more but whats snapped more, Deng frames or koxx's :P . the try-all freewheel reviews are 65% poor, the ti-bolts reviews - 80% say there weak.

Deng isn't exactly the best but neither is koxx,

What do you expect when its pregnant chinese female labourer working at 1p an hour, forging your headset, cranks, bars, etc..together?

Ok, Koxx have done more but whats snapped more, Deng frames or koxx's :P . the try-all freewheel reviews are 65% poor, the ti-bolts reviews - 80% say there weak.

Deng isn't exactly the best but neither is koxx,

What do you expect when its pregnant chinese female labourer working at 1p an hour, forging your headset, cranks, bars, etc..together?

Forgotten about the Echo ES series of frames?

Ti bolts are weaker than steel bolts. I'm pretty sure you could get better quality bolts cheaper than the tryalls, but people are lazy and buy shitty generic products at prices set way too high. All companies do it.

I'm a Koxx fanboy myself, but I wouldn't be able to afford one of their frames unless I stopped eating for 3 months...