Zoo Pads

ilikeriding

Hi, i recenlty brought some zoo green pads and found that they are really loose fitting, this means that when im on the back wheel there is alot of wobble. I rode another pair of the same a few months ago, they had really amazing bite, sound and hold but these really arent up to scratch, ive been riding them a few days now and they still let out only a little squeak. Any ideas on improving thier performance?

I had amazing bite and hold with a light sharp grind when i was running my zoo pads on my Triton (about 2 weeks ago) but oh my god! the wear life is so so poor (yes i know it says on Tarty when you buy them but i didnt expect them to be half gone in a week)

So much so i took them off and bought some better suited pads, rimjams. I've now just stuck the zoo's on my Pashley and running a smooth rim instead and they're still got the awesome hold and bite but still no sound. Now i'm normally not one to fuss about sound because i've always thought "performance over sound" whether it be a hubs or pads, but i must admit that a nice sharp sound from your brake fills you with confidence, well for me anyway nowadays ( i'm rather fed up with silent brakes )

Yes, it is annoying spending £18 on pads that arn't what you expected they to be. Learnt my lesson now though, back on subject, like Mark said but some tar on but don't put a grind on.

Edit: got too caried away and forgot to help

Edited by jersey rider

running the pads too far away from the rim (i may be wrong though)

ive only just took off my zoo! pads after over a year.

amazing hold. i dont really like my new pads need some getting used to but theres one thing you have gotta do to get the best sound and braking from the Zoos

spin the wheel and put a slight coating.

if you put it on right it wont look any different to the rim . DONT put too much on.

have them a couple off mm from the rim and you should be laughing.

nick

mine were as loud as fook

but dont ride in the wet ;)

or they wont make a sound check your rim is clean aswel

running the pads too far away from the rim (i may be wrong though)

ive only just took off my zoo! pads after over a year.

amazing hold. i dont really like my new pads need some getting used to but theres one thing you have gotta do to get the best sound and braking from the Zoos

spin the wheel and put a slight coating.

if you put it on right it wont look any different to the rim . DONT put too much on.

have them a couple off mm from the rim and you should be laughing.

nick

mine were as loud as fook

but dont ride in the wet ;)

or they wont make a sound check your rim is clean aswel

Tar i take it, cheers for the advice.

Another question: if i hold the brake near enough fully on and try to roll the wheel backwards its makes a better sound with alot of bite, when forwards it seems to squeal and have less hold, if i had a grind i would put it down to the direction the cuts are facing howver its on a smooth rim.?