Removing Old Stickers

tryabean

hey all need some help please i have tried removing my old stickers and they've left a horrible sticky gunk, so i've tried removing that by setting it on fire. nope that don't work just makes more mess also tried break cleaner but that melts it and yet again makes more mess

has anybody got a method or sujestion of doing this task without stripping my frame :lol:

ps i used search no luck though (N)

many thanks michael

Try

Isoproply Alcohol (works well but not cheap)

B&Q Leaf shine/polish (handy aerosol, doen't smell great though and can leave a bit of a residue)

WD40 (the solvent in it should do the trick, GT85 and many 'bike' lubricants lack the solvent in WD40)

Hair Drier, and maybe a little bit of wd40 to ease it off. Or if the surface is a bit sensative, use soapy water.

When you've got the actual sticker off, it sometimes leaves a sticky bit. Clean that off with a bit of wd40 or soapy water. :)

QUOTE(Bill_B @ Apr 16 2007, 06:10 PM)
Try

Isoproply Alcohol (works well but not cheap)

B&Q Leaf shine/polish (handy aerosol, doen't smell great though and can leave a bit of a residue)

WD40 (the solvent in it should do the trick, GT85 and many 'bike' lubricants lack the solvent in WD40)

thanks allot mate 1 thing do you reckon that white spirit would work, as i thaught by what you have said alcohol based substances remove this?

because i have tonnes of white spirit

Use a stanley blade. Just wet the gunk, and ease it off.

I worked at a valeting place and thats the best way to get stickers off.

Hope i've helped!

yeah thank you mate much appreciated

and thanks to all yet again much apreciated (Y)

I take it you mean the horibble, almost sticky, slightly soft to the touch pile of crap left in the shape of your sticker. Soaking in gt85 always did it for me, just sprayed some on, got a rag and wiped it all off, the stuff just slid off with no trouble at all. I should imagine wd40, gt85 and anything like that will all work, as well as cillit bang.

I take it you mean the horibble, almost sticky, slightly soft to the touch pile of crap left in the shape of your sticker. Soaking in gt85 always did it for me, just sprayed some on, got a rag and wiped it all off, the stuff just slid off with no trouble at all. I should imagine wd40, gt85 and anything like that will all work, as well as cillit bang.

Cillit Bang should do it no trouble...

as BARRY SCOTT says - it can remove anything! ;)