Try-all Hope Brakes/noises In Bb-crank Area

tom 20

^_^ Hi there everybody, I'm just wondering if anyone of you out there know where you can purchase the try-all hope disk brakes.

I am aware they are just a modded version of the mono trial but i think they look sweet.

Any help appreciated

Question no2: :ermm: i have recently built up an echo team. I have echo forged cranks, tensile ffw, echo bash and the echo Isis BB.

I have been out on a few rides and all i experienced was the crank bolt coming loose which to be honest is what i was expecting

but now there is sort of a clunking noise (not a creaking noise) when I'm peddling along <_< . Its weird because everything is tight and the general set-up has no play in it.

A mate told me it could just be the bearings wearing in as the bikes only a week or so old. Any light shed on this problem would be very much appreciated. Thanks tom

Well i have the same sort of problem with my echo isis bb, (the one for £45 on tarty)

it will run fine then the cup tightens itself so my bb starts creeking, and sometimes loosens itself then it feels bent and lumpy.

so now ive just niped the cup up on the bb not over tight and put some locktite on it so hopefuly it shouldn't tighten/loosen iteself.

maybe if you loosend your bb cup non drive side it may run a lil smoother as i know on my old v!z bb i did the cup up a lil to tight and the noises was because it was crushing the bearings. :blink:

Edited by powerz

If I were you I'd check the lockring holding the free wheel together, with an ACS, because of the way it freewheels its easy for them to come undone. I know you have a tensile ffw but just make sure its done up tight (not the freewheel onto the cranks thread but the ring that holds the two halves of the freewheels together). Happened once with my eno even though it threads the opposite way it still managed to come loose.

Tom

Edited by strat-trials

I don't think its anything to do with my freewheel or the cranks really it must be the BB. Both sides are really tight and yes it is the echo BB sold on tarty at £45. I comes with the anti-creek substance found on the threads so i wouldn't of thought anything should be up with that :huh: .

Anyways guys thanks for all your replies (Y)

About question 1 i heard Fred Savage (koxx uk importer, for those that dont know) speaking about the new disks last year i think it was at a British round and even he said they are not worth getting as they are silly price, i cant remember the exact number now but was like £150-£180 so may be hard 1 to get although is waste of money but, agreed it does look the mutts nutts.

About question 1 i heard Fred Savage (koxx uk importer, for those that dont know) speaking about the new disks last year i think it was at a British round and even he said they are not worth getting as they are silly price, i cant remember the exact number now but was like £150-£180 so may be hard 1 to get although is waste of money but, agreed it does look the mutts nutts.

O, right then ok dude. I don't think i will bother getting one then :lol: , thanks anyways

I think ive sorted my problem now lads, ive swapped a peddle with another rider and it seems ok now. The pedles were DMR v8s and were pretty much brand new so strange really..

Many thanks still though to people that posted (Y)