Alex Markwart - Stock 5

alexm

MarkwartStock5 - Right Click and Save Target

Canberratrials.com

Went for one of the best solo rides ever last Sunday. I rode well and learnt to hook, a move that I have wanted for about 2 years. The secret to my success came from netto's tutorial. I had everything sorted except for approaching on an angle.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked on riding at the moment and although this video doesn't have a lot of the creative kind of riding I'm trying to do at the moment, it does have plenty I'm happy with.

I do hope my frame lasts for another video, it was making some wack sounds before I did the hooks, and they can't have been good for it?

per

fect

shun

awesome man, how did you get your name on the building? you using premiere? or just premiere elements? I sense a garbage matte been used but I cant get how you got your name on the building! lol

awesome video though and yeah that tap at the end looks huge!!!! hooks are very good too! nice to see that levelboss again :D

Thanks for all the encouraging comments everyone. Makes the effort worth while! If I can find some other good places to ride I will try and film some more.

mad_gavo: A lot of the other guys from the old videos have stopped riding. Various reasons for that, most have got to University and are too busy and others have more important things to do. I'm far more busy these days than I used to be but I am trying to get out each weekend to have a spin.

Partz: The titles were reasonably easy to do using premiere pro. It was time consuming but I probably didn't do it the most efficient way. I exported a frame from Premiere into Photoshop and lined up the titles - then imported them back into Premiere on a transparent background. Where I ride in front of the text, I had to edit each title frame by frame. It was a pain in the arse, probably why no other trials rider bothers. I don't know what garbage matte is, but I'll have to look into it. If it makes my job easier then that would be great!

Biker_Watson: Had my levelboss for about 3 and a half years probably. I don't want any other frame, it's perfect for me, but it has a crack under the headtube and was making funny noises on this ride. It might have a short life. I don't know what I would get though, if it does break.

• 3 months later...