Best Bodge I Have Done Hehe

lankyri

ok the other day had a bad day, snapped 2 mech hanger, 2 pinches and also threaded a maggy bolt thing lol so wasnt happy

after looking around trying to fix it (bodge it) i found that only the top of the thread had gone but i still had thread down below so this is what i have done

1 found a nut that fits the bolt

2 stick a slightly longer bolt through the mounts and nut

3 started to tighten the bolt to the nut

4 do the other bolt up so the mounts are equal in height etc

5 take turns in tightening both bolts

6 GO RIDE

ok havnt got to step six yet as i have no back wheel but i do believe this will work as:

the bolt has gone through the mounts and nut and also into the thread, which should mean that the brake mounts are still tight due to the nut tight and wont move out of line as the bolt is also in the thread.

hope this helps cheers rick

well obviously its not gonna be a permanent thing its just so i can get out and ride for a bit before i find somewhere who can do it for me, thought it would be helpful for someone if there out on a ride and thread a bolt they can do this and hopefully carry on ridin for the rest of the day

will get pics for you lot asap :D

I know someone who has done that before it does work just depends on how bad yours is. His was BAD

well a normal m4 bolt will still find a thread minus the mounts on so its not that bad but still bad as there is no thread on the top

i like kennards idea as well lol

and the medal, well i dont no if your bein sarci but thanks for the medal :D made me smile