Rear Wheel Flex

Alex.loves.boys

hi

just built up my new frame.

everything is good.

apart form one thing.

when i pull my rear brake on it flexes like f**k, its a stiff frame with a booster so its not the frame, but i can see the whole wheel moving towards to right?

do i just need someone to tighten/true my wheel?

or could it be my axels gone or something?

cheeers

do pro 2 t's have cones?

No.... no they dont!

Perhaps its just that silly frame your riding now.... i mean Pete Wright did have it..... hehehe. Dont know what yo suggest really, possibly rebleed and set up brake, both pads should move at the same time.

just make sure your pads touch at the same time and everthing is correctly installed/ tightened. Then there shouldn't be a problem.

I get this when my maggies have been set-up badly, not equal distance between pads. I thought the pressure would equal its self out, but it doesn't... set em up spot on.

My prob is my wheel flexes when riding, putting power down with my right foot = rubs like a git on the left pad, so left pad has 4mm space / right pad 2mm. Bloody Pro2 with tight spokes and fun bolts on a Trex, stupid thing! Sorry, ranting!

Sounds like the brakes are set up on the piss to me.

either the pads are out, or the wheels is out of alignment, try moving the pads first and if that doent work then realign your wheel.

Start at the valve hole and make your way around the wheel, first loosening the spokes half a turn on the side of the wheel that is closest to the pads, then tighten the spokes half a turn that are furthest away from the pads. repeat until the pads contact evently. Do make sure that your brake is set up properly before you try this though.

either the pads are out, or the wheels is out of alignment, try moving the pads first and if that doent work then realign your wheel.

Start at the valve hole and make your way around the wheel, first loosening the spokes half a turn on the side of the wheel that is closest to the pads, then tighten the spokes half a turn that are furthest away from the pads. repeat until the pads contact evently. Do make sure that your brake is set up properly before you try this though.

Sounds a wee bit silly to me. Personally if that was the problem (in the wheel) then i would always go with a rebuild of fresh spokes.

Sounds a wee bit silly to me. Personally if that was the problem (in the wheel) then i would always go with a rebuild of fresh spokes.

Why spend money on a new set of spokes when the ones you've got are probably fine? not to mention the time. If it keeps coming out of true with little abuse then rebuild it, but even then unless the spokes are bent I personally wouldnt bother replacing them, though I would be replacing the nipples.

Why spend money on a new set of spokes when the ones you've got are probably fine? not to mention the time. If it keeps coming out of true with little abuse then rebuild it, but even then unless the spokes are bent I personally wouldnt bother replacing them, though I would be replacing the nipples.

That was just my personal prefrence.

lol, only 2/the 12 wheels ive built have had new spokes and they take serious beatings. to be honest, if they are fine dont replace them, its just silly