Trials Wiki

Anjow

Yeah that's fair enough :) but maybe just a little edit just to say try running you brake with little or no tpa and if that dosn't work try this, becuase even maguras site says that lazy pistons are due to using too much tpa.

(Y)

How come it's all been locked to prevent editting? :huh:

Doh... can you not edit? Gimme a sec..

Skin looking much better once again. You'll need to change it in your preferences (Y)

For those of you who don't know much about wikis, I recommend you check it out. Anyone can edit, correct and add pages, its simple. If you aren't logged in when you get to the wiki (you'll need to be to edit) just login using your forum username and pass :)

I'm having problems with the skin now - it may be because I had mine set to monobook (I like its simplicity). When I arrive at the page it shows:

Warning: Skin_Orig::require_once(/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/skins/.php) [function.Skin-Orig-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/includes/Skin.php on line 122

Fatal error: Skin_Orig::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/skins/.php' (include_path='/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki:/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/includes:/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/languages:/home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/forum/') in /home/trials/domains/trials-forum.co.uk/public_html/wiki/includes/Skin.php on line 122

However this doesn't happen in IE, where I'm not logged in. I'm on FF2 with these addons:

Application: Firefox 2.0.0.3 (2007030919)

Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Adblock 0.5.3.043

- Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.5

- Autohide 1.1.5

- BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.6

(Disabled)

- BlockSite 0.5.2.2

(Disabled)

- Bookmark Backup 0.4

(Disabled)

- British English Dictionary 1.19

- ChatZilla 0.9.78.1

- Cooliris Previews 2.1

(Disabled)

- CustomizeGoogle 0.59

- Disable Targets For Downloads 1.0.1

(Disabled)

- DOM Inspector 1.8.1.3

- dotCOMplete 1.4.2

(Disabled)

- DownThemAll! 0.9.9.8

- Extension List Dumper 1.8.0

- Fasterfox 2.0.0

- Flashblock 1.5.3.1

- Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 1.0.1

(Disabled)

- Greasemonkey 0.6.9.20070507.0

- IE View 1.3.3

- Menu Editor 1.2.3.3

- NoScript 1.1.4.8.070430

- Organize Status Bar 0.5.2

- PermaTabs 1.4.0

- Reliby 1.1.0

- ShowIP 0.8.05

- SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.15.1918

- Tab Catalog 1.4.2007051101

(Disabled)

- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.2

(Disabled)

- Tabbrowser Preferences 1.3.1.1

(Disabled)

- TargetKiller 0.4

- Torbutton 1.0.4

(Disabled)

- Undo Closed Tabs Button 2.0.0

- VideoDownloader 1.1.1

Obviously, I can't log out or change my skin preference because the page won't load for me.

Edit: I'll try deleting the cookie. Also, sorry for the page stretch. Deleting the cookie didn't seem to do it, and I can't log in in IE because it shows that page too. If possible could you change my skin to the trialsforum one? Or reverse whatever change you made that stopped monobook working :P

Edited by Anjow

I'm having problems with the skin now - it may be because I had mine set to monobook (I like its simplicity). When I arrive at the page it shows:

However this doesn't happen in IE, where I'm not logged in. I'm on FF2 with these addons:

Application: Firefox 2.0.0.3 (2007030919)

Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Adblock 0.5.3.043

- Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.5

- Autohide 1.1.5

- BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.6

(Disabled)

- BlockSite 0.5.2.2

(Disabled)

- Bookmark Backup 0.4

(Disabled)

- British English Dictionary 1.19

- ChatZilla 0.9.78.1

- Cooliris Previews 2.1

(Disabled)

- CustomizeGoogle 0.59

- Disable Targets For Downloads 1.0.1

(Disabled)

- DOM Inspector 1.8.1.3

- dotCOMplete 1.4.2

(Disabled)

- DownThemAll! 0.9.9.8

- Extension List Dumper 1.8.0

- Fasterfox 2.0.0

- Flashblock 1.5.3.1

- Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 1.0.1

(Disabled)

- Greasemonkey 0.6.9.20070507.0

- IE View 1.3.3

- Menu Editor 1.2.3.3

- NoScript 1.1.4.8.070430

- Organize Status Bar 0.5.2

- PermaTabs 1.4.0

- Reliby 1.1.0

- ShowIP 0.8.05

- SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.15.1918

- Tab Catalog 1.4.2007051101

(Disabled)

- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.2

(Disabled)

- Tabbrowser Preferences 1.3.1.1

(Disabled)

- TargetKiller 0.4

- Torbutton 1.0.4

(Disabled)

- Undo Closed Tabs Button 2.0.0

- VideoDownloader 1.1.1

Obviously, I can't log out or change my skin preference because the page won't load for me.

Edit: I'll try deleting the cookie. Also, sorry for the page stretch. Deleting the cookie didn't seem to do it, and I can't log in in IE because it shows that page too. If possible could you change my skin to the trialsforum one? Or reverse whatever change you made that stopped monobook working :P

Oops.. I'll put monobook back on and it should start working again

edit: fixed?

I started the Angle grinding How-to just now. It needs finishing and checking through. If someone could do that and finish the 'metal cutting disk' part that would be awesome.

I would finish the rest but i can't concentrate long enough to finish it in good time. I was up too early this morning.

Any pointers on if i done something wrong, would be cool. (Y)

:sleeping:

This wiki is going excellently. There's so much new stuff being contributed now, it's really filling out and looking very useful.

I'm impressed by how eagerly people have taken to adding content.

Just do what you feel like, if you fancy trying to add links then do so - if you accidentally add duplicates it will get noticed and they'll be sorted. I've sorted many duplicates already and it's no effort.

If you don't fancy adding links then someone else will just add them later!

At present I'm just going down the list of wanted articles and adding as much info as I know (usually very little) because I know someone else will come along later and improve on them.

Wow, only really jus tnoticed this topic, and seen the wiki. It does look stupidly useful to be honest.

After a quick explore i see my hope bleeding faq has been added with a couple of alterations, which is cool.

i can see this being another way for me to waste my time when i should be revising!

i can see this being another way for me to waste my time when i should be revising!

Careful, it gets addictive pretty quickly :P

I've just added a youtube tag <youtube>videoID</youtube> if anyone needs to use it..

Also added a few more technique guides courtesy of Mr Westlake :)

Any ideas on how to sort the front page out a bit? Was thinking maybe have a Beginning Trials, Competitions, Technique and Other Stuff sections..? Everything under the maintenance bit is a bit random at the moment.

Any ideas on how to sort the front page out a bit? Was thinking maybe have a Beginning Trials, Competitions, Technique and Other Stuff sections..? Everything under the maintenance bit is a bit random at the moment.

I'm still trying to think of how it could be improved.

Is it possible to make the images on the main page under the maintainence section link to the relavent page, rather than to the image?

I.e. when you click the brakes picture it takes you to the brakes page?

More categories need introducing too, so there can be a category for manafacturers, frames, riders etc

I'm still trying to think of how it could be improved.

Is it possible to make the images on the main page under the maintainence section link to the relavent page, rather than to the image?

I.e. when you click the brakes picture it takes you to the brakes page?

More categories need introducing too, so there can be a category for manafacturers, frames, riders etc

Yeah thats pretty simple, been meaning to sort that. Will have a go now.

As for categories go ahead, you just need to add [[Category:Category Name]] to the bottom of any page. Then to link to that category, you can use [[:Category: Category Name]] :)

I've added a stub template.

When you come across an article that is very light in information, add {{stub}} to the top of it to let other users know that it needs expanding upon.

I was also thinking it might be good to, in addition to the wanted list, have a page dedicated to user-requested articles where people could ask for HOWTOs or other things. Knowledgeable folks who are stood around kicking their heels could then go to this page and create the articles requested. It's different from the wanted page in that that only shows empty articles that have been linked to, whereas this would set out which articles users really wanted.