Why No Horizontal Drop Out On 26"?

ever heard of modstock?

i dont hit my mech, because i dont have one.

DSCF1279.jpg

I originally had an ashton which I "modified" by filing the drop out to fit the chain, but every time you put a new chain on it was a bit stupidly tight. Never herd of a modstock? anywhere in particular I should look for these frames? SY

I originally had an ashton which I "modified" by filing the drop out to fit the chain, but every time you put a new chain on it was a bit stupidly tight. Never herd of a modstock? anywhere in particular I should look for these frames? SY

That picture is great, as you can see all you need really is a chain tensioner customized and fitted to the back :)

Ben

Take it off, take links out and get chain tensioners :) that should work :)

Ben

Did have a dmr tension seeker, but because I side hop to the right (trying that should be) I dearly depart them. Did think of getting a plate welded underneath so landing on it wouldn't be problem.

Did have a dmr tension seeker, but because I side hop to the right (trying that should be) I dearly depart them. Did think of getting a plate welded underneath so landing on it wouldn't be problem.

Yerp good idea plate underneath would work fine :)

Maybe you should just set the back wheel up like a mod :)

Chaintensioner - Shorter chain

Then your back wheel will be mech free :)

Hope i have helped :)

Ben

Ben

do you have any idea what your on about? explain to me how you set your back wheel up like a mod with vertical dropouts.

Ben

I'll give that a try. Cheers for the ideas, will get to work on it and hope the bank holiday monday isn't as wet as the weatherman says. SY

pritty easily if you work it out properly, dont use a mech and make the chain tighter. :S it will work. Ive seen it done before in the main forum

Ben

The only problem is that if your gear ratio isn't in line with a tight chain, e.g a quarter of a link out, you have to as I did on the ashton, file the frame.

the only way to remove the tensioner and to rely purely on the chain fitting perfectly is to get a half link chain, or a normal chain and fit a half link with it. It is very rare that you can get a chain the perfect length without the use of a half link.