Urban Exploring

Willy

Yes, there's lots of stuff everywhere. Finding new places is always good, but it's harder as most of the good stuff has been found. But with places closing all the time, there are always things cropping up. Having a car helps - I didn't really get into this until I'd bought my own car - although if you live in a city then there's often plenty around.

This stuff is amazing, it fascinates me, I had no idea lots of people were really into it.

I've hardly really done any, but when I'm somewhere built up I always have a huge urge to explore the rooftops. Yesterday I went up the top of a multi storey car park in the centre (Southampton) and you could see loads of stuff... Some rooftops within jumping distance but there's no chance I'm trying it with the 4-storey drop! Maybe I'll keep looking for somewhere safer though.

There's something I want to find in Southampton that I saw from Google Earth (a new genre of grafitti?!) where someone had drawn a huge outline of a bird in chalk/white paint on the top of a building. Pretty cool if your art is visible from space! I'm not really so into grafitti but I'd love to get up there and see it.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

For me I think part of the appeal is finding mega cool places to ride my bike, although of course it's harder to get in somewhere with a bike. Anyone else love the clip in the new Italian Heatsink guy's video where he gaps down from one roof to another?

Here's my best effort:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...673044185837693

A ROC post down the road from me that I've been trying to get into for years. Finally I head someone has broken in so down I go expecting it to be trashed! How wrong I was... Its in bloody good condition compared to some of the stuff I've seen! I'm going to resecure it tomorrow so no one can steal from it, well try and prevent it anyway.

Anyway heres the pics:

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

Will.