Limited Edition Mark Hawyes Giant

I've got an offer for a Limited Edition Mark Hawyes GIANT. Its the blue and yellow frame, not sure exactly what the spec's are as I can't find much about it on the tinterweb. Found a few reviews of the newer Mark Hawyes frame (its matt balck with small yellow and red graphic - think its the newer version) which says its a good street bike. Anyone got this bike or got any information on it?

Cheers :)

:blink:

Edited by Razzmatazzz

very good frames if you like something short and streety. still nice and light for hopping around on. strong as hell (apart from the disc tabs which always snap off if you knock em)

try typing in a readable format please. yellow on a light background is a bit tough for us mere mortals

Smithy

i learnt on one, good street bike but i cant realy recal what it rode like exactly as i was crap and that was ages ago... but i couldnt find any faults in it when i had it.. i might build it up again actualy :P:P

Thanks Smithy.

Sorry, looks orange to me!

You have any idea how much this bike normally is? The offer I've got seems pretty sweet :)

Awesome. Yeah, all I know is its meant to be a great street bike, pretty strong and good if your on the small side.... :)

Any views welcome!

how much depends on what spec it is and what sort of condition its in.

i got my old one built back up (blue one - 2004 geo)

obviously its got the old skool geo, so for new skool trials like hooks and sidehops its not so great for..but its defo a nice short streety bike.

its lightish, built like a tank and it looks freaakin' sweet.

i haven't found much problem with it yet. maybe weak disc tabs, but i'd run V's if i have the choice!

steve

Nice.

Its my friend whose selling it, he's been riding for years - says its in pretty good condish.

Think its got BLACK SURLY forks at the moment, but I'll be upgrading and changing and stuffs if I do get it. (Over time!)

Got someone offering an Onza T-REX too, think I prefer the Mark Hawyes - what you peoples think??

:P

LOL. :$ Yup, Martyn!

Think this bike'll be okay for the not-so-advanced rider? i.e. Me :)

Yeah, thinks I prefer this bike too. Plus the Onza is going for twice as much as the giant... :)

Edited by Razzmatazzz

AMAZING FRAME !!!! PROPPER GOOD ! you will get noticed everywhere you go ! i always wanted one, but i wanted a pashley more.................very strong great geometry, there proper iconic too !!!!!

Edited by Pashley26

Way back when I was 15/16 Martin Hawyes and Martyn Ashton were gods and I worshipped them. I can't believe that anyone who rides trials doesn't know who these people are. At the same time, the fact that someone doesn't know who Martyn hawyes is means that they are probably way younger than me, which makes me feel really old!

im 17 and have every DVD the martins ever did together. they both got me into the awesome sport.

no way rey was a bit of a cool coconut aswell !

he is a legend. but i prefer hawyesie anyday!!! tricks and stunts in a RAD DVD!!! will get you doing the basic moves in no time. i worked with me. it also helped that i had the same bike as hawyes!!!

Glad to hear that the Martin's are still having an impact on you younger guys, Tricks and stunts is a must have for any trials rider! Anyone know if you can get hold of it on DVD now? If so I NEED a copy!

haha yeah halfords ! don't ge tme started on them !

Seen in this/last months mbuk theres grant fielder and ashton swapping riding styles ? ? ? i know chopper...he's my dads landlords cousin, thoroughly nice chap lol he rides on the estate (No not council!) my dad lives on. ashtons still really involved in the scene, and he's completly against lycra wearing comp guys, wich is nice....i think someone like martin ashton will always be a positive influence on young kids.....until the next pioneer comes along anyway !

I had two of the first ones (yellow, red, blue) and also a black one, the frames are really good, short and light. only prob with them is the rear disc mount aint too strong, the rest is sound though!! i got my hands on a Brisa B26D Eastern (gold-pimpy!!) and it wasnt that different to the giant but went back to the giant and seemed to ride better, probably in my head like!!