What Are The Best Pads For Non-grinded Rims

Ali speaks the truth. Rock Greens are amazingly grippy, I reckon they piss all over zoo! pads.

Do they? i reckon i might have to give them a try :D

Yeah they probably do, the newer zoo! pads seem harder and don't work too well :(

Ive got the older zoo! pads and yeah they seem to work really well, have to say i don't think Ive tried the newer ones.

But i can see where people are coming from when they say that zoo!s are knackered when they get dusty or dirty.

Mine have like a gauge out of them because of dust but they still work really well. But i use tar as well so I'm cool.

My advice is try to get some of the older zoo! pads if the newer ones are cr*p or get the rock greens as ive heard good things about them (Y)

Cheers .. tom

Any pads will work on a smooth rim, but obviously some will work better than others.

I went from standard Magura pads to Onza Citruses' and found it offered a lot more modulation, I could feather the brake a lot more before it bit properly than standard Magura pads, they also didn't eat nearly as much tar as my Magura pads.

But yea, a bit of Tar and anything will do.

Kool Stop pads are also a good choice of pads as they are good value for money.

I understand how you feel about not wanting to grind them, but if you get it done by someone experienced, it will give you the best performance, and hence allow you to progress faster. Looks better than covering the rim in tar aswell (Y)

hello, this is my view on these pads

I've got these rock greens, the first batch. at first i was rather impressed by them as they had allot of grip, and lock. But as soon as i got them wet they seem to go all wrong, the hold and lock that they did have completely went. so i cleaned the rim and pads with ethanol but they never seamed to go back to how they were before hand, trust me i tyred everything to get them back to how they were, but no. so i turned to a grind and they are quite nice and i am now happy. aslo these pads seam to rock end to end, ok this is hard to explain but they are really loose in cylinder and seam to wobble in them, (this is no longer a problem now as they have different backings i think).

i thought i would share this with you because i was slightly disappointed as everyone said these wore the best, even when they wornt as i had trouble to get them to perform, but when they did they were mint.

Also these are very very load and grippy with tar, unbelievable. (Y) but it makes your rim looks messy imo.

maximus (Y)