Squeaky Pads

Z o o !!

I guess I'm the only person that thinks having a stupidly noisey brake is abit embarassing? A sweet honk sounds good when your actually riding but I don't like riding down the high street with other people who have squeeky brakes and they love purposely drawing attention to themselves. The only reason I could think of to have noisey brakes is so that you know its working because otherwise your saying 'Hey look at me, I'm a non conformist who rides a bike with no seat and I love the attention I'm getting by having a squeeky brake.'

the sounds usually comes from the amount of oil on your rim,spray your rim with wd40 / grease etc and immediately start ridin and pulling your brake to spread it around the rim at first it will make your brake feel rubbish but do a pedal hop as far as you can leaning backwards and youll be amazed at the power of it

the sounds usually comes from the amount of oil on your rim,spray your rim with wd40 / grease etc and immediately start ridin and pulling your brake to spread it around the rim at first it will make your brake feel rubbish but do a pedal hop as far as you can leaning backwards and youll be amazed at the power of it

or the lack of it...

erm by the look of some peoples posts, it seems some new members are stupid enough to believe this.. :P

highly recommend it. :)

or the lack of it...

erm by the look of some peoples posts, it seems some new members are stupid enough to believe this.. :P

why? it does work...

Only comp riders grind rims and iv not seen a full on street bike with a gring iv not got a grind and i have onza pads they are just as good and you still have modulation.

LOL

You obviously don't ride with many people..

Smooth do work.
no smooth the dont work there crap grind them (Y)

Only comp riders grind rims and iv not seen a full on street bike with a gring iv not got a grind and i have onza pads they are just as good and you still have modulation.
i have i got 1 and my mates go one so not only comp riders grind rims

Every rider I know has "grings" on his rim brake rims. They aren't needed on disc rims clearly. One guy has a smooth front rim with black pads. (N)

I have onza pads on a heavy grind front and rear, they are total shite, the back slides every time I back wheel something.

Why smooth? Smooth rims don't work. Grind it. (Y)

no smooth the dont work there crap grind them (Y)

i have i got 1 and my mates go one so not only comp riders grind rims

if you need to grind the rim, why are disc's Smooth !!!!!do you have to grind them too !!!!!!!!!! :S