Vincent Hermance @ Backcown Quarry

DrEvil270183

Vincent and the Tartycrew rode Backcown quarry today plus loads of other riders.

Adam

2463006982_fe209861de_o.jpg

Ali

2463007456_151134f976_o.jpg

2462175013_ed6dc7d665_o.jpg

Vincent

2463008362_b3e3dcbfd3_o.jpg

2463008678_2494469848_o.jpg

2462175979_a6eea67da6_o.jpg

Phil

2462176345_6dfbf9d526_o.jpg

Stan

2462176733_c5f3d66c14_o.jpg

Ben

2462177101_e1e1673868_o.jpg

2462177435_fdb526abed_o.jpg

Stan looking at you..

2463010876_0a5434e985_o.jpg

2462178127_14efecd833_o.jpg

Matt

2462178431_77d4fbbef4_o.jpg

Vincent

2462178925_cc46c1a04d_o.jpg

Ben

2463012244_539a46b710_o.jpg

2462179519_2379fbbe68_o.jpg

Vince

2463012946_711b9b83e7_o.jpg

2462180187_9495c08940_o.jpg

Vince - massive gap

2463013750_d7d9a40504_o.jpg

Stan - massive gap from slope rock right at back.

2463014170_ef6413a2e0_o.jpg

Waddy

2463014612_26dec95322_o.jpg

Ali

2463015076_8993cfd3fa_o.jpg

Vince front to back

2462182217_c8a00452a5_o.jpg

Silly tap with a crazy run in of different levels, rocks and overhang..

2462182733_3ce2ef59de_o.jpg

Thats some of the best ones.

hope you like,

Tim

Argh i really wish i went. awesome turnout of top level riders.

Cool pics tim. when you say front to back. please dont say sidehop to front whell then like flick to back?? that rocks massive.

btw waddy, nice koxx hoody, you trying to get in the hermances good books?

Sweet snaps, mate.

Wish i could have made it up 'caus it looked like a right good day, with some proper decent riding going down, but i had my school prom to go to - weeeeaaakk. Ahh well, pulled so it's alright ;) .

Cheers,

Joe.

oh my god

don't think I've ever seen ali's legs before :o Usually I say pictures dont do the moves justice, but even with the fisheye distortion you can tell the stupidity of those gaps. I can't quite get over vince's sidehop :o how high was that? shoulder height? :S

Looked like fun though. waddy looks like a chav in that pic innit ;)

I think these are a bit hit and miss...

Too much wide angle, distortion with several with bad composition or too much dead space to the top or side of the image. Plus the flash is too much in some images, not enough on others.

And what's going on with the saturation??

Too much wide angle, distortion with several with bad composition or too much dead space to the top or side of the image. Plus the flash is too much in some images, not enough on others.

Saturation is me playing with onboard camera settings. Been playing with different custom settings to see effects and forgot to choose standard or one with slightly lower saturation :)

Flash is me not having a tripod/light stand because again I'm stupid and forgot lol so hand held flash, waving it around with one hand, camera in the other trying to make sure flash it pointing in correct place. Which is prob why some appear to dark, so too light and some just right.

Angles are just me not getting it the way of other watching, others taking pictures or turning around to see one of amazing riders about to try something silly. I should have asked a few people to do stuff more than once but I don't like bothering them lol. unless its stan who thinks my fav words are "one more time please Stan?"

Cheers for the comments Chris, much appreciated coming from you. Useful stuff rather than silly remarks.

Cheers,

Tim

hmm suppose but who cares, its about catching moments to keep as memories not to see who can take the best photo's

i love them, vincent is so powerful, great pics

adam.

Saturation is me playing with onboard camera settings. Been playing with different custom settings to see effects and forgot to choose standard or one with slightly lower saturation :)

Ah bugger. Been there, done that... A whole morning of TRA shots at ISO 1600, and I just couldn't work out why the shutter speeds were in the thousandths of a second...

Surely you could fix/tone down in Photoshop?

Flash is me not having a tripod/light stand because again I'm stupid and forgot lol so hand held flash, waving it around with one hand, camera in the other trying to make sure flash it pointing in correct place. Which is prob why some appear to dark, so too light and some just right.

Manual flash right? Learn E-TTL. If you're using manual exposure - and I see you are - then E-TTL is great when used right. Why get photos wrong when the camera can help you? Plus there's nothing wrong with on-camera flash for fill.

Angles are just me not getting it the way of other watching, others taking pictures or turning around to see one of amazing riders about to try something silly. I should have asked a few people to do stuff more than once but I don't like bothering them lol. unless its stan who thinks my fav words are "one more time please Stan?"

I can entirely understand. One word. Crop :)

I've got a feeling these shots are straight out the camera?

hmm suppose but who cares, its about catching moments to keep as memories not to see who can take the best photo's

Obviously Adam you haven't seen Tim's other shots, or his contributions in the photomatography thread? It's a bit of both. If you're going to put in the time and effort, buy the kit, and have an eye for it that Tim has, why not try and capture the action and take a great photo?

Ah bugger. Been there, done that... A whole morning of TRA shots at ISO 1600, and I just couldn't work out why the shutter speeds were in the thousandths of a second...

Surely you could fix/tone down in Photoshop?

Manual flash right? Learn E-TTL. If you're using manual exposure - and I see you are - then E-TTL is great when used right. Why get photos wrong when the camera can help you? Plus there's nothing wrong with on-camera flash for fill.

I can entirely understand. One word. Crop :)

I've got a feeling these shots are straight out the camera?

Yeah I could have. They don't look too saturated on this moniter. Only one notch up above the preset normal suturation on camera as well so didn't think it would be that noticable.

Straight out of the camera, resized and uploaded to get it done same night.

I'll prob go back into them, crop the ones needed and change the saturation. Post them again for feedback :)

Cheers.

Tim