How Old Were You, And What Was Your First Bike?

hey people,

just thought I would start a thread to find out how all of got into trials, how old you were, and what bike you started on. :)

Errmmm, lemme think. well i think i was about 13 and i had a onza t-bird. i started out cos the guy who plastered my house rides and i thought it looked more fun that rambling around on my jump bike.

Started out when I was about 13 and I upgraded my 15'' Giant Boulder 500.

Had this for about a year, then I built a DDG Shooter up from the frame with my xmas presents, birthday money and pocket money!

That was nicked after a few months, so I bought some mega old Monty which had some crazy triple clamp style rigid forks!!!

Sold it for pennies to my apprentices brother when I was about 17!

My first bike was one of these beauties! 01%27T-Mag.jpg

I was around 13

My god thats one ugly bike!!

I was about 15 and the first bike I started doin proper trialsy stuff on was a 13" Specialized Rockhopper.

The bloke at J E James in Shefvegas was determined not to sell me it though as he insisted it was too small for a 6ft lad!

My god thats one ugly bike!!

Yeah tell me about it. The "top tube" (have no idea what its called, the but where the seat goes into) was stupidly high, the first hour or so I got it I tried to get up some stairs and cracked by balls on the "top tube". It put me off trials for a few days ha.

My 1st real trials bike was a Mission Prodigy when I was about 17, which I went on to snap the forks on.

But what got me first into trials was watching motortrials, then meeting a guy who had a very very old Monty and he lent me it for a month while he want to Australia on holiday.

I was about 8/9 when I borrowed the Monty though.

I started riding when I was like 14 my 1st ever bike was a Steel Ridgeback in a blur colour and orange bits and bobs! Anyone remember Ridgeback? Anyway I also remember my first trick I ever learnt was a wheelie! I was so stoked when I could wheelie the length of my Moms road!