Pedal Kick

dskfezza

I can go backwards at least 3 or 4 times if not more, with relative height - but i can't seem to do more than one forward hop and that's about a curb height. I presume this is due to my timing with breaking and kicking. Any idea's on how to improve it?

Thanks

That's why you're going backwards, you've got more momentum carrying you backwards.

Try pulling on the bars and do a small kick, hit the rear brake once the bike is in the upright position. Then let go off the brakes and kick, then hit rear brake again.

Hope that helped? Lol

i see your near/from gainsborough, it's help if you come meet the local riders, as you'll progress so much faster when you're around others who can push you and know what needs doing etc... find me on facebook, i'm matthew ogley i can put you in touch with some of the locals...

2 things that helped me, do it uphill and head towards something, eg start 2 hops away from a curb so your dropping off it on the 3rd.

Its really very easy but has to become autonomous, if your heading for a drop you focus more on that looking for your edge etc. which seems to allow the pattern of brake off, kick, brake on to come a lot more naturally.

Going uphill helps as you have a bit of resistance so your not scared your going to loop out the back and the gradient naturally keeps you nearer the balance point.

If you can balance on the back wheel for a second or 2 your hitting the balance point so your halfway there.

The second you start thinking in trials it goes wrong its just about commitment and autonomy.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Chris - That should help out a lot :) _ sorry for the late reply but my pc died so I have only just got back on-line. Iv not done much riding lately cause iv had problems with my breaks but there sorted now so I will defiantly give your advice a whirl :)

Have you got it yet mate? If not try this. When you are in the trackstand position with your strong foot forward and ready to go squat your body down with your arms straight and back slightly curved forward. Then in one movement push down with your strong foot and pull your arms half of your arms lenght towards your body and jumping up straighing your body. It needs to be a snapy movement. If you are going back and not forward its because your standing up too high with your arms too close to your body. Also try practicing this without your bike.

Sry if this makes no sens as its the first time iv described the technique. Good luck

best bet mate is to do a wheelie instead of stopping and doing an endo, i had this problem aswell and found it hard to get out of so instead of stopping and doing an endo u need to stop and try and do a little wheelie rather than endo and go from there.

or just try and do a wheelie then stop on the back wheel then pedal again and stop rather than trying to do pedal kicks try and just wheelie and stop, i dont mean stop for ages just for a short time so u learn to keep going foward rather than back then start to get a kick going