Stem 80 lengh by 40 rise?

David Biddle™

Im looking into a new stem and have been toying around with several stems and i think im gonna go with 80 lengh by 40 rise the problem is theres not alot of options for this stem.

Ive found a few but most of them are either not in stock or not available anymore so the only one i have found is the xtreme pro high rise stem has anyone had any experiencewith this stem good/bad points.

Also i was watching one of ali c vlog videos and he seems to be running a trialtech with these dimensions but i carnt seem to find this stem anywhere though.

Biddle

Edited by David Biddle™

Ali used to use the extreme brand one. I was going to get an 80x40 trialtech but it wasn't in stock, I emailed trialtech and they said it was just back in stock and should be with dealers soon,this was a month or two ago though. Tartybikes not got any?

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

Ali used to use the extreme brand one. I was going to get an 80x40 trialtech but it wasn't in stock, I emailed trialtech and they said it was just back in stock and should be with dealers soon,this was a month or two ago though. Tartybikes not got any?

I did check tartybikes the only stem they had was the 90 by 35 what do have at the moment but has been used and abused to the point of replacement and i think from that the xtreme stem might have to be my option.

Biddle. 

52 minutes ago, David Biddle™ said:

I did check tartybikes the only stem they had was the 90 by 35 what do have at the moment but has been used and abused to the point of replacement and i think from that the xtreme stem might have to be my option.

Biddle. 

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_stems/trialtech_sport_forged_high_rise/c41p11316.html?pos=1109&search_params=YTo3OntzOjEyOiJjYXRlZ29yeV9pZHMiO047czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcnlfcmVjdXJzZSI7YjoxO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6MTQ6IlRyaWFsdGVjaCBzdGVtIjtzOjk6ImJyYW5kX2lkcyI7TjtzOjQ6Im1vZGUiO3M6MzoiYWxsIjtzOjQ6InNvcnQiO3M6OToicHJpY2VfYXNjIjtzOjEwOiJjb3VudHJ5X2lkIjtpOjE7fQ%3D%3D

tarty have them in stock. 

Very cool TT is making these!! Used to be the only option was a very expensive hope stem... I found a basic Chinese BBB brand 80x40 used at my local bike shop for $5, has worked a treat and got to say I love it on my hex.

I was using one of the Xtreme ones, but switched to a Trialtech one.

Most forged stems are all much of a muchness.  Them being forged makes them stronger than welded stems but also means they're cheaper to produce, so you can end up getting really good stems that are relatively cheap.  It's pretty much the only instance where the whole "Light, strong, cheap - pick two" thing isn't actually true as you can basically have all three.

I'd go for the Trialtech one purely because it doesn't say "XTREME" down the side of it, but satin black spray paint can be your friend there ;)  The Trialtech one has nicer bolts too, and a slightly nicer faceplate setup IMO.

8 minutes ago, Mark W said:

I was using one of the Xtreme ones, but switched to a Trialtech one.

Most forged stems are all much of a muchness.  Them being forged makes them stronger than welded stems but also means they're cheaper to produce, so you can end up getting really good stems that are relatively cheap.  It's pretty much the only instance where the whole "Light, strong, cheap - pick two" thing isn't actually true as you can basically have all three.

I'd go for the Trialtech one purely because it doesn't say "XTREME" down the side of it, but satin black spray paint can be your friend there ;)

Thank you Mark for the information I think I'll end up going for the trial tech just for the fact that it will match a lot of the other components on the bike.