Can the handlebars be too high?

NINJА

Hello, TF. I'm riding street-trials on my Inspired Fourplay 2011 with non-cut inspired element forks, 90x30 stem and Inspired Arcade bars.

Stem  is set on the highest point of the steerer tube and I have 40mm of spacers now.

With this setup everything bunnyhop-related are extremely easy to do, but I think my bike feels a bit weird..

Today I've tried to set my bars lower by 10mm (30mm of spacers) and I feel like I'm getting more control over a bike, but my bunnyhops turned harder to do and I can't hit my previous highs (95cm).

How to choose a right bars height? What I should consider to do the right choice? And how to notice that your bars are too high?

Kind regards

Ninja.

Edited by NINJА

If all you do is bunny hops and that's what works for you then that's fine. Start adding a little variety to the mix and you may notice a lower front end helps with other things. If you change your set up, obviously it'll feel weird to start with, give it a few rides to bed in, trying all sorts of things, not just bunny hops, and see how it goes.