Do the HC3 levers fit with the MT trial sports (Non carbon edition)

roozor

As Ben says, they fit.  You can fit the HC3 blades to any of the latest MT-series bodies as far as I know.  I had them on a set of MT2 bodies with no problems.  They were easier to install than the standard MT2 blades even, despite Magura saying they're not compatible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roozor said:

Do they come with installation instructions and does it require a re-bleed?

Yeah, i believe they do come with instructions, although to be honest its simply a case of tapping out the pin that holds the lever in, replacing the lever, and tapping the pin back through.

I haven't had to rebleed at all on installation of any new levers on mine, so wouldn't expect so :)

• Like 1

No need to re-bleed - there's a little retaining plate that holds the piston in place so it doesn't go anywhere.  It's super easy to fit them - they don't have a weird spring setup like the stanndard MT2/4/5 levers, so it's much more straight forward.  The only thing to try and avoid is tapping the lever pin completely out of the body.  They come with a new one, but if you can keep the old one partially in the body it's way easier to tap it back in.  Think of it like splitting a chain, basically.