Pashley

swill

Well it's taken me forever to get anywhere the last year or so but I've now sold the planet X to my nephew so another bit of young blood in the sport.

It took forever to decide on parts and just after buying some a better thing* turned up so also have a box full of retro bits left sitting around waiting if anyone else if uoto a retro build.

However the pashley has taken a back burn for too long, and it's not going to end looking like this as I decided the triple up front looks stupid and gears, well who needs those. So the mech, shifters and cranks are going and I'm now rightly putting a pair of burns on it.

May also put a Maggy on the rear too but then I'd have an xtr-v with no use and for what I paid for it.....

Anyway I will add some more pics as I get on doing the final bits.

IMG_20180526_115804.jpg

• Like 2

Love it, a couple retro bikes popping up on the page. I saw one of these for sale the other day, and just missed out on getting it.

Love seeing these old bikes, makes a change from Inspired and Marinos.

Look forward to seeing the finished result.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JohnyMilton said:

Love it, a couple retro bikes popping up on the page. I saw one of these for sale the other day, and just missed out on getting it.

Love seeing these old bikes, makes a change from Inspired and Marinos.

Look forward to seeing the finished result.

There's one set up very similar to how mines is now (changed it about yesterday) on eBay ATM and you just missed a frameset that went fairly cheap this week.

Yeah a whole lot different to modern, though nasty to ride in comparison.

The stem is pretty similar to how I had one set up years ago and this wasn't built to ride to be honest as much as hang on the wall otherwise I'd have gone for pro2s not old hope xc hubs.

Edited by swill

On 06/06/2018 at 11:28 PM, Topsy said:

That stem looks a tad crazy! :o

An oldschool build does seem very tempting to be honest..

twas the rage in 1999/2000 my pash had one similar but changed to an azoic O.R.C 

I'm collecting parts on the slow burner to build an epic 'period correct' pashley

insta: @trials_bikes_with_saddles 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2018 at 11:11 PM, Ben Davies said:

twas the rage in 1999/2000 my pash had one similar but changed to an azoic O.R.C 

I'm collecting parts on the slow burner to build an epic 'period correct' pashley

insta: @trials_bikes_with_saddles 

I have a mono ti front hub and matching Mavic d521cd sitting spare! All depends if you want a disk upfront I guess. Not built up so would need to get that sorted out but give me a pm if your interested at all.

Edited by swill