Onza Carbon Riser Bars

Nick Dale

Reckon it will be possible to cut down my 30" carbon riser onza bars? Only reason i ask is because im not sure if it will feck the bars? I know they are ust carbon wraped wround aluminium but just wondered as i love the shape of them but there way too wide for my mod.

Reckon it will be possible to cut down my 30" carbon riser onza bars? Only reason i ask is because im not sure if it will feck the bars? I know they are ust carbon wraped wround aluminium but just wondered as i love the shape of them but there way too wide for my mod.

Put a topic in forsale and wanted for a swap for the 28" version ?

Danny.

It'll be fine as long as you cut carefully, use a new blade with fine teeth and tape it to give it a bit of support while you cut.

Yeah, i'd do that too. Basically, you just dont want them to crack/split. Taping them quite tightly will help to reduce flexing and snapping during the final section your cutting.

Using a fine blade will keep the cut neater and more precise and just dont sit there going at it full strength as fast as you can. Cut it using slower strokes with a better technique.

They have an insert in the end to stop them splintering don't they? Good idea would be to remove these and put them back in the cut bars when you're done. I'm about to do the same as my 28" ones are about 18 months old and could probably do with being replaced for safetys sake but as they no longer do the 28" versions reckon I'll have to trim them down...

Dave