Monty's

sam-cahill

Well just done a trial today had a look aroubd my bike and found a crack. I all so no a thew other people who have had the same bike and have got cracks.

So i was just wondering how many people have had the same problem or other problems they have had with the monty's. My bike was a Monty 221 pr brand new at christmas.Looks like i better get saving for a new bike. So you can tell me what bike i should get next, i was thinking of a koxx xtp 2.

Thanks

Sam

Looks like you've got a lot to spend, I think you should get a GU typhoon doubt you'll have a problem with that, GU are becoming to be a reliable and popular trials bike brand.

Or maybe you could build a mod

Gu frame

echo lite forks

... etc

EDIT: stupid me thinking you wanted a new bike, get the koxx monsterboy frame looks a beast

Edited by bikedude789

its a shame that monty are getting such a bad reputation, back in the day (12 years ago) monty an megamo were the big (and probably only) makes for trials

I actualy agree with you im ony 14 and rather new to trials but realy like the montys but there just not good quality any more. would get a new monty but costing me to much money and with only being 14 its not easy to get money.

Sam

I think it must be the PR. My friend has cracked the PR and I've put my ti through a lot more than him yet mine is fine.

Try getting in contact with monty because you have a 6 months warrenty on frame.

Failing that save your money for a ti.

Matt

Maybe the £150 price tag has something to do with it???

I wouldn't expect a koxx to last any longer to be honest, unless you change your technique/style you'd probobly be better off getting a heavier, yet stronger frame, deng comes to mind.

Not too sure what people are saying monty's are starting to get worse is about, ever since i've been here there has been a percentage who say they are great, and a percentage who say they are crap. Alot of the older Ti's cracked and snapped, but I honestly havn't heard of (m)any of the 06 and 07 ti's crack. Every year monty bring out new bike's which generaly look the same, but there are a number of subtle differances which generally help to make the bikes 'better', in some way.

Monty have made dani comas a long mod apparently, wether or not they actually bring it into production for the public is a differant matter, but seeing as so much development seems to have gone into it, I think it'd be a bit of a shame. Can deng honestly say he had a 'top' rider test his pythong before he brought it out, im talking before it was released, like in 04???? I don't know...

I wouldn't expect a koxx to last any longer to be honest, unless you change your technique/style you'd probobly be better off getting a heavier, yet stronger frame, deng comes to mind.

jake, before yesterday i would have wholeheartedly agreed with you, but yesterday i had ago on a mod hydroxx and OMFG it was beautiful, you could really feel the quality of it, nothing wobbled or flexed alot, it just felt right.

get a hydrox (Y)

I know a mate who has cracked his pr by the chainstay and also snapped the rear axle all within a few months of owning it, also another friend has the 221 pr and has had problems with the spoke nipples and rear cones constantly coming loose (N) personaly i dont like the feel of monty's anyway and with my mates constantly having problems it has proper put me of monty's now.

GU *** MONTY FOR THE BIN!!!!!

Not all monty's die, i know loads of riders who are exellent and never snap or crack theres, take chris walker, javi alonso and even dani comas for example.

Adam :)

And think how often they will change there frames. You wouldn't even no if comas snapped one because he would just get another striaght away and will change it every so often anyway.

its a shame that monty are getting such a bad reputation, back in the day (12 years ago) monty an megamo were the big (and probably only) makes for trials

Shit me 12 years ago, and i thought i was old. :P

Why don't monty make more long frames?

Never realised they did?

I had this and it ruled. Well i still do have it. Never broke on me, chromoly for the win :-

2002_Monty_B-219_X-Hydra-bikes.jpg

Edited by eskimo

Im in class just now so I havnt really read through what everyone has said, so I will tell you what I think about Montys.

I used to love Montys, because I used to ride a 24'' frame which I loved for spins, therefore Montys were dream bikes for spins. But I just got a long/high bb Adamant stock which Im really liking, becauseit helps me get bigger. So I now think the Montys are to short for gaps or sidehops(not that i do a lot of sidehops,lol).

Also from what I have heard/read the frames are a bit to weak and dont take much abuse, and after awhile of hard riding the frame will crack(im to to sure if this is true).

But my opion of a Monty can be wrong, cuase I have never owed one, but I have rode a few in my time!

Johny!

iv had my Monty Pr for like 7 weeks now, iv got 3 cracks in it, its S**T!! i also know someone who has cracked a 2007 Ti all the way aound the chainstay, i would'n recomend them to anyone.

Monty....FTB (N)

...Shaun..(Y)

If this is true what you say send it back & it will be replaced, Monty are usually pretty good with returns if it is a genuine

build fault & not ABUSED. When i say not abused i mean not ridden by a total muppet smashing hell out of the chainstays etc. :P

I have had around 12 Monty's, in total i have broken: 1 cracked chainstay & 2 pairs of forks ;)

I consider this to be pretty amazing for the amount of time i spend on my bike. (Y)

Sam.

yeh, I'd actually like to know how you get on with the replacement.

More for the fact that it would prve your's was as f**ked as you say than anything ele. I have heard loads about monty's cracking and snapping but have only ever seen a few pictures. Surley if you have the money to own a monty you have a cheapy digital camera or a mobile that can take pictures.

When it comes to people cracking bikes on here, no picture, no care.

Hi Sam

You should've given us a call, your frame is still under warrenty and as long as there's no massive dints and it's not absolutely battered there'll be a new frame for you!

Give us a ring.

Cleanbikes

Did'nt realise the warrenty was still there thought i had just missed it but ok thanks i will give you a ring and i will show you the bike at the fun trial so you can decide if its batterd about.

Sam