Pics Of Mr Hermance's Bike.......light

hugh_b

Look at this

It's a disease called the drill syndrome. It's usually caused by being exposed to cheese for a long period of time.

cheese1.jpg

Haha, that a drilled beasty!

Not thAT keen on hermances bike, looks ok, bit plain, but hey. dont see how drilling brakes etc would shed that much weight thou, couple of grams?!

looks boring, and those little weight saving hole i doubt he'd even notice if you put them back in without him noticing, its pointless and to be honest a waste of money because you'll be spending so much on new parts. Grow some muscles dirtbag!!! :rolleyes:

looks boring, and those little weight saving hole i doubt he'd even notice if you put them back in without him noticing, its pointless and to be honest a waste of money because you'll be spending so much on new parts. Grow some muscles dirtbag!!! :rolleyes:

he's just experimenting with different ways, if you just did say one thing like drilling levers then it's pointless, do ot all over the bike and it's worth it, they why he is running a front hs33 as is Gilles. Squaring the hole out on the rims apparently looses you about 100g-200g a wheel. Owww and lets be honest, i dont think he needs to grow some muscles does he :rolleyes:

EDIT: i personally think it looks great, but hey thats personal preference.

Edited by hugh_b

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Jun 28 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Squaring the hole out on the rims apparently looses you about 100g-200g a wheel.

That is complete toss.....

next on the drilling frenzy - removing a kidney, tonsils and spleen.... And he'll still get beat by kenny on a standard monty... :lol:

next on the drilling frenzy - removing a kidney, tonsils and spleen.... And he'll still get beat by kenny on a standard monty... :lol:

well considering a guy on observedtrials.net weighted his wheels before and after and he had try-all rims etc and that was the outcome i'm pretty sure it's accurate, How do you know it's "complete toss" you must have done it yourself then?

im pretty sure vince doesnt drill his parts to impress or please people on here.

he is an outstanding stock rider, if making his bike as light as possible is going to help his riding even more then thats what he is going to do.

"comp faggot" ha ha ha ever tried a comp have we????lol

Ok... so I'm bored at work... assuming a 32H rim (starting with no holes), that's 30 possible holes. Taking out a 25mmx30mm section from each, say 3mm thick (possibly a bit high but you get the idea) and using the density for aluminium of 2700kg/m^3 means that the total mass of metal removed would be 182.25g. So I guess 100-200g per wheel isn't actually that far off!!

Sorry Rowan ;)

edit: Oh yeah, the bike! For some reason I really like the look of the Boxx and Vince's looks like one pretty dialled machine! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but is the frame mod rear spaced?

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Ok... so I'm bored at work... assuming a 32H rim (starting with no holes), that's 30 possible holes. Taking out a 25mmx30mm section from each, say 3mm thick (possibly a bit high but you get the idea) and using the density for aluminium of 2700kg/m^3 means that the total mass of metal removed would be 182.25g. So I guess 100-200g per wheel isn't actually that far off!!

Sorry Rowan ;)

edit: Oh yeah, the bike! For some reason I really like the look of the Boxx and Vince's looks like one pretty dialled machine! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but is the frame mod rear spaced?

med_gallery_3202_465_3744.jpg

(Im abit rusty on the maths these days so dont lay in if im wrong . . .)

Edited by manuel

ok sorry yeah, got it a bit wrong :$ anyways about 50g saving on rear wheel and 50-100g on front, does it matter anyways, it's a nice bike and fair doos Vince has done everything he can to save weight because he can! Made an awesome bike if you ask me.

hahahaha if he used light tires he would have saved another 500gr EASY!

All those drillings save like nothing so its just dumb

edit: i bet the spokes are just noname unbutted shit, and the headset is heavy, he could save much on that too..

Edited by Oskar