Fatty R Forks

Matthew_Gibson

I have a pair of fattys. Great forks Etc etc. I gave my V brake bosses to Joe Maher. But now I want to try out Vees. only thing is I have sprayed my forks that many time the bosses on the forks are cloged up with paint. anyone know if they can be tapped, just to clean them? Also where can I get the two bosses from?

Cheers Matt!

Edited by Matt Gibson

yea just run a tap through them to clean the paint out, just go slow and don't damage the threads.

Might even be worth sticking some nitromors in there 1st the get rid of some paint.

Best bet for bosses would be someone on here whos gone disc on fattys

Yes, best bet would be to try and clean out the thread. If you need new ones, you'd be best phoning a Cannondale dealer.

I did make some once, but I remember the thread for the end that goes in the fork was a really funny size - an American 'pipe thread' or something.

(Edited because I was being thick)

Edited by snappel

id sugest to save posibly cross threading or even ripping the threads out get a small paint brush and use sum nitromors

bloody good for removing paint but be a bit careful u dnt get any anywhere eles

then just whipe it away with a clean cloth chances are there be a little bit of paint in there but it'll b so minute the male thread will just push i away

hope that helps

Edited by trialschallenger

Get a cotton bud on a stick, soak it in nitromors and rub it round inside the mount. Or thinners, or nick som of your sisters/missus's nail varnish remover, It should soften the paint enough to clean it out (Y)

EDIT : Addition of substances :P

Edited by Tom Booth