Leaving School And Moving On.

Andeee

As for some of us on this forum who have just done are gcse's and the time has come to move on into the real world you just think to your self " what am i going to do now" with college starting on september 3rd for me studying to b tec national diploma in music practice if i get the grades. Im completely dreading the 23rd of august the day when the gcse results have come out i know ive probably done okay but all i really need is 4 A-C's then im on if not im gonna apply for a low level course or just re-take my gcse's. With summer just started i have nothing to do all my friends from school have gone to college for the summer and have got jobs where as for me i just feel weird though im trying to ask my work if i can work for the summer but it looks like they dont need me as i only work saturdays. So it looks like this summer is going to be good (SIGH) but i think now i have everything out of the way i can just go out there and have a good time riding and trying to improve.

Whats your personal feelings that now you've left school?

Andrew

I'm feeling i little bored after study leave but all this time to ride is great fun. I'm not looking forward to 23rd August of getting my results and its my birthday on the same day LOL. I hope i get the results i'm looking for college. well who ever is looking towards their results good luck

Rhys

Yeh, i couldnt agree more, dreding the day my results come out! all this free time gives us time to ride but it seems i am only riding on weekends anyways! the weeks just go by.... i am starting an engineering apprentiship on the 13 of august and i cant wait to get that first wage packet to spend on my bike! :P but it all seems at bit boring with so much time on my hands the majority is spent in bed ;)

I'm feeling i little bored after study leave but all this time to ride is great fun. I'm not looking forward to 23rd August of getting my results and its my birthday on the same day LOL. I hope i get the results i'm looking for college. well who ever is looking towards their results good luck

Rhys

My birthday is 2 days before yours.

I just packed in A Levels and I'm going to do a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners.

My birthday is 2 days before yours.

I just packed in A Levels and I'm going to do a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners.

(Y) that course ***!

ive said that before to you, but i wanted to re-iterate. lol.

yeah, its okay with no school, but i need a job really.

left schoo think done shit in gcse but hay bin at work since my 16th n got to jobs now and savein for a GU stock 06 module and goin to college next year doin level two plumbing so lots of money goin to come my way soon if i pass and get in left now and doin trials so all good so far for me

I'm personally glad i've left school, i am earning money which i never use to have

i'm going to 6th form though and have a part time job working with my dad, i'm wanting to studie media, photography and i.c.t ( IF I GET THE GRADES) fingers crossed i will

i think you learn more when you've left school, the value of money and how to talk to people (i was quite shy)

cheers bolty (Y) .........

Left...and now i'm a professional bum. Though i'm not 16 yet :P get my CV print out of a friend on thursday (birthday wooo) Then i have to go out asking :(

As for now i just ride, whether it be alone or the other bums that i know lol

EDIT: So long as i get the grades doing a college course doing business/computing, which awards 2 A levels then i can go uni to do forensic computing (Y)

Edited by Barber

Stay in education for as long as you possibly can.

If you leave education, you may be earning £13K more than your mates in school for 2 yers, but they'll get a job afterwards that pays £20K and while you could only hope to get £20K in your whole career while the sky is the limit for them.

Well, thats how i feel about it anyway.

If you leave education, you may be earning £13K more than your mates in school for 2 yers, but they'll get a job afterwards that pays £20K and while you could only hope to get £20K in your whole career while the sky is the limit for them.

spot on there buddy (Y)

everyone just wants to earn money and stuff but when it comes to the long run the people who get better educated earn more

bolty.........

spot on there buddy (Y)

everyone just wants to earn money and stuff but when it comes to the long run the people who get better educated earn more

bolty.........

Well most people do, but not always.

Though i'll agree education is a good thing (Y)

Get yourselves to college then university works out so much better in the long run. And who else apart from students get to live the dream lifestyle of living with mates for next to nothing, not paying tax, getting drunk most nights and long lie-ins :D .Oh also doing a great course and learning loads obviously!

Sam...

Left now. I didn't want leave really. School did actually have it's good points. But moving on.

Mines already sorted. Im doing a 1 day a week plumbing course at college which pays out £30 a week. Then the other 4 days ill be working with a plumber and he will pay me anything between £70-£100.

After my year at college is finished. Im then qualified and should be earning anything up to £500 a week :D.

So yeah im all sorted.

Good luck to everyone else.

Danny.

Just get lucky, I didn't do very well at school - made up for it with a C&G Diploma in Programming at college, now run a website with two other guys - we've almost hit £1m turnover in almost a year :D

Most of this is not profit and is split three ways, but it's so exciting!

Study long and hard and start your own business - never be an office bitch - I was for a good 6 years - earn peanuts and answer to a suited-up middle age guy with a failed marriage that has rights over you purely because he earns 3k a year more. Screw that.

/end rant

Yeh I agree, that and I can sponge of the parents if I'm in full time education.

I'm not really glad that Ive left school because being the youngest (best) in the group of riders i cant get to ride in the holidays because they all have jobs and school gave me some thing to do i the day and after then i could go out on my bike. but now i sit at home rally Bord and getting fat :lol:

I'm not really glad that Ive left school because being the youngest (best) in the group of riders i cant get to ride in the holidays because they all have jobs and school gave me some thing to do i the day and after then i could go out on my bike. but now i sit at home rally Bord and getting fat :lol:

Well if you were still at school you'd be starting/already started that big holiday wouldn't you? So you'd still have nothing to do. So just ride alone (Y)

Or get out and look for a part time job.

Edited by Barber

My brother just left and he loves drama and preforming arts so he just goes and sees his best mates wich are my age (leaving next year woooooo) in the drama department al day and help out withthe lighting and stuuf like that. Cheers, Joe

Kyle has found his way to Trials Forum finally. How you doing lad you alright ? Haven't rode in a while.

Come to Nottingham on 21st man. Should be good.

Danny.

Im sad to see it go i suppose, or maybe im just sad that now im out of compulsory education, how the f**k am i going to be able to have the motivation to go in and study for a levels. yes. thats right a-levels. what have i done?!

any one out there doing a levels wana give me any tips?!- im scared!!

any ways this summer im going to lanzarote with the fam while all my friends are swanning it in Ibiza! how jelous am i!! and this is all because im a loser and dont have a job!! xx

its so depressing!

Tay.. x

Im sad to see it go i suppose, or maybe im just sad that now im out of compulsory education, how the f**k am i going to be able to have the motivation to go in and study for a levels. yes. thats right a-levels. what have i done?!

any one out there doing a levels wana give me any tips?!- im scared!!

any ways this summer im going to lanzarote with the fam while all my friends are swanning it in Ibiza! how jelous am i!! and this is all because im a loser and dont have a job!! xx

its so depressing!

Tay.. x

Yeh heres my tip, pack it in! I wasted a year of my life doing A Levels because I didn't look for anything else. Well I jacked in A Levels after a year with nothing else to do and now I am going to college doing a BTEC. Much better. No exams, only coursework, only the one subject you enjoy to do, three full days not five days spent hanging about waiting for your lessons to start.

Me my self don't won't to stay on in education because the only thing that i want to do is join the royal marines which is more oposite to educucationl aspects, and so educationn would be a waste learining then dieing with all that knowledge lol, plus pay in the forces can be quite good when you start climbing the ranks, an stuff, put I suppose its what you want to do.

Just wondering has anybody else on here thought about joining the forces are anything

Edited by trials freak

As for some of us on this forum who have just done are gcse's and the time has come to move on into the real world you just think to your self " what am i going to do now" with college starting on september 3rd for me studying to b tec national diploma in music practice if i get the grades. Im completely dreading the 23rd of august the day when the gcse results have come out i know ive probably done okay but all i really need is 4 A-C's then im on if not im gonna apply for a low level course or just re-take my gcse's. With summer just started i have nothing to do all my friends from school have gone to college for the summer and have got jobs where as for me i just feel weird though im trying to ask my work if i can work for the summer but it looks like they dont need me as i only work saturdays. So it looks like this summer is going to be good (SIGH) but i think now i have everything out of the way i can just go out there and have a good time riding and trying to improve.

Whats your personal feelings that now you've left school?

Andrew

Biketrials = fun

Biketrials = accidents

Accidents + no helmet = no more biketrials

No more biktrials = no more fun

Buy a helmet!

lol this is tres brill!! x lol

Tay.. x