Adamant A1 With Tensiles!

D a n n y. . .

I have bought some of the new version tensile cranks, and put them on my adamant (06) and they are catching on the calipers!

Am not sure how wide my bb is!

I was wondering whether i just need a wider bb or a need different cranks?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, danny!

Poor poor frame design if you ask me!!!!

any pair of cranks should fit any bike specially with a 127mm b/b in there.

mind you the back end is just as bad!!!! who makes a back end that short you cant fit a 2.5" tyre in? :S

Anyway danny, you should sell it as i told you on wednesday........... ;) i todl you it was pants.

Wayne

Hey all,

Have seen this with a number of bikes. The trouble is lack of Q factor (off set of pedal from spindle) in many cranks. Echo, Tensile and Monty do not have that much Q factor. The best bet is a pair of Tryall cranks, they have more offset than others and are lighter too. Also keep in mind, if you are running thread on cog on your cranks, higer Q factor will let you run narrower BB as well giving you a better chain line.

:1eye: :1eye: :1eye: :1eye: scousertrials................when you getting yours built up???????????
Its up and running. get out soon.

I really liked mine. Didn't mind grinding the Tensiles and it happily took my 2.5" with a few mm either side to spare. Wayne just doesn't like anything that isn't French ;)

did you find it weird when you first got out on it like as if everything was doing itself?

Poor poor frame design if you ask me!!!!

any pair of cranks should fit any bike specially with a 127mm b/b in there.

mind you the back end is just as bad!!!! who makes a back end that short you cant fit a 2.5" tyre in? :S

Anyway danny, you should sell it as i told you on wednesday........... ;) i todl you it was pants.

Wayne

Nah wayne, its the GU that cant run a 2.5, not adamant!

Aye, iv sold ma cranks, and il get some deng badboys :lol:

If i sell it what frame am i gunna get? Cos i dont want a YaaBaa!

did you find it weird when you first got out on it like as if everything was doing itself?

Do you mean that everything was easier on the A1? I remember a few things being easier, some things just being 'different'. I went from an Onza T-Rex (woodstock spec) to the A1 and did like it but didn't really notice a massive difference.

Dave

vERY NICE I LIKE TENSILES AND LOVE ADAMANT FRAMES

?????

anyway, i guess you wouldn't really take well to the idea of filing your brand new tensiles down, what i'd suggest is purchase some tensile off set 4 bolt mounts. run them so that the slaves are closer to the rim, should give you the extra mm you need.

Edited by tom e

?????

what i'd suggest is purchase some tensile off set 4 bolt mounts. run them so that the calipers are closer to the rim, should give you the extra mm you need.

Mate your not looking at the pictures. It wouldnt matter what offset the clamps had. Its the slaves that the crank arms are potentialy hitting. How can he get the slaves closer to the rim? He could get a thinner rim or a longer bb or crank arms which miss the slaves on the osscilating stroke! Someone said about Q factor, I thought that was about damping and underdamping in relation to movement as confirmed by Newtons laws of motion. Correct me if im wrong

Mate your not looking at the pictures. It wouldnt matter what offset the clamps had. Its the slaves that the crank arms are potentialy hitting. How can he get the slaves closer to the rim? He could get a thinner rim or a longer bb or crank arms which miss the slaves on the osscilating stroke! Someone said about Q factor, I thought that was about damping and underdamping in relation to movement as confirmed by Newtons laws of motion. Correct me if im wrong

the mounts offer inwards adjustment, so the slaves will be closer to the rim and away from the crank arm. of course it may require filing down of pads, or a narrower rim.

Edited by tom e

Could you suggest a design for a 55mm bb rise and 372mm chainstays + very low standover that won't have this problem?

Yep. They could start using 100mm wide BB shells - then the cranks should clear.

Edited by Jamie_Neal