British Biketrial Championship

totaltrials

Round 4 of the British Biketrial Championship - Sunday 12th August 2007.

Lee Quarry, Bacup (OL13)

A new and exciting venue with plenty to ride and the soon to be home of a huge funded trials course, XC and downhill run, show your support to the council to help it along the way.

The sections will be quite confined so everybody will be able to ride and get together and have a fun day.

If your not riding and coming to watch, Lee Quarry is a recently refurbished quarry, the land has been cleared up and is free from churned up mud from motorbikes/vehicles with man made paths and seating areas.

Entry forms should be arriving very soon in the post with results from round 3 to all BIU licence holders, otherwise an entry form is available for download.

An entry form and a map is available from HERE

A press release/Online flyer for the event is below and will be distributed around surrounding areas, councils, newspapers, businesses and throughout the internet/e-mails.

post-423-1185427263_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Phil.

Looks good Phil, great venue too! Lets pray for dry weather :P

May enter myself actually, the fiyer says £15 entry fee - is that the only fee I would need to pay? Sorry, it's all a little confusing for someone with a small brain like me...

yay :D this venue is ace (and only 20 mins from my house :- ), every one who can should go, if not to ride to watch ,

flyer is looking good phil, verry profetional, is there somewhere i can download one, or could you pm/e-mail the file to me and il get it in my lbs

adam you will need to be a member of the acu, thats a 10er to join, and biu licence is free (altho i still havnt got my one yet :- ) you should will do the comp

Looks good Phil, great venue too! Lets pray for dry weather :P

May enter myself actually, the fiyer says £15 entry fee - is that the only fee I would need to pay? Sorry, it's all a little confusing for someone with a small brain like me...

yay :D this venue is ace (and only 20 mins from my house :- ), every one who can should go, if not to ride to watch ,

flyer is looking good phil, verry profetional, is there somewhere i can download one, or could you pm/e-mail the file to me and il get it in my lbs

adam you will need to be a member of the acu, thats a 10er to join, and biu licence is free (altho i still havnt got my one yet :- ) you should will do the comp

You should be able to do everything on the day Adam, you need to fill out a form for a BIU licence (which is free) but you need an ACU licence, which you can do on the day but you need a club to sign it off under, Anthony Rew might be able to sort that on the day.

Would be best if you printed out the forms and brought them on the day, ACU form can be downloaded from:

HERE

It's simple to fill out, you only need to fill out section 2 section 6 (with 1 tick), then the rest after that.

You should do the comp, the sections will be beasts and Lee quarry is a beast.

Cheers guys, Wad, if you still need a flyer i'll make a smaller version that can fit on A4, Would be good if you could whack some up in the local shops.

Thanks.

Phil.

Nice poster Phil. (Y):) i have to admit you have done a good job with this event. Advertising in advance etc :)

Im sure this venue will be one of many future events, im hopefully going to make the trip up there sometime to practise.

Good luck with it, im sure you wont need it, iv heard from others the venue is good.

Wayne.

it was once my secret quarry :( everyones going to be up there now.....

.....and thats great! If it gets popular then the more money can be pumped into the planned trials center up there! :D

if you go up wayne, give me a pm or somthing, I am only 15 mins away and I can go there on my rout home from work.

Kool will do Ali, it will probably be the week between czech and the brit round? (hopefully that wont be a problem?)

il pm you as you said, if not il try give you a buzz on the old mobile blower.

If you get eprmission to make it like "Hook woods" etc im sure it will become a place that is well recognised, by the sounds of it already it sounds pretty kool.

Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly time, only 1 maybe 2 more days to get those last minute entries in.

Everything is going well at the quarry and the weather seems like it's going to pretty nice.

If you haven't entered yet, DON'T WORRY, you still have time as stated above, remember BIU licenses are FREE and can be done on the day.

Entry forms are available to download at selectbikes.com

ACU licenses are only ONLY £10, and you can do the Hook woods trial towards the end of the year which is one of the best venues in the country, so that's only £5 a trial extra for your ACU license between 2 competitions if you want to.

An ACU application can be filled out on the day. If you read up this topic there is a link to the form, simply print it out and bring it with you.

There are also a lot of non competitors and spectators coming along so it should be great fun day of riding.

The council guy in charge of making a HUGE (wants it to be the biggest and best trials park IN THE WORLD, which he really wants, which he has funding for) trials park will be there and will be chatting to riders, the more people that come along will show him theres a lot of interest in the sport, you will also get to voice your opinions of what you would like to see in the trials park.

Phil.

Anthony, Hawkstone looked like fun.

As I live only a few miles away and currently hold the World and British titles can you explain why, (as an ACU licence holder), I was not invited to ride? I was there on the day.

Ben.

post-13154-1186779833_thumb.jpg

Ben , hawkstone was fun, you should have come over and said hallo , this guy did ,and although a little shy he stole the show for a while

When are you going to start answering the questions that are asked rather than answering like a politician?? it's getting REALLY tiring now.

When are you going to start answering the questions that are asked rather than answering like a politician?? it's getting REALLY tiring now.

Ben is quite simply one of the finest trials riders and atheletes this country has ever seen, but that is not the basis on which Anthony selected the riders to partipate at Hawkstone. Anthony worked with riders he knew and was confident had the capable skills to perform.

Just because he didn't ask Ben to ride doesn't make him a cowardice bully by acting out of inadmission, nor does answering questions like an aparrent 'politician' make him out to be dodging the point.

In case you hadn't noticed, if there ever is a conflict where the people aren't actually physically fighting, THAT IS politics.

Back on subject, I would have really liked to have made it up to this as I so rarely venture up country, but I can see its shaping up to be one of the best trials of the year.

Hope it goes well. (Y)

Rich

Just because he didn't ask Ben to ride doesn't make him a cowardice bully by acting out of inadmission, nor does answering questions like an aparrent 'politician' make him out to be dodging the point.

In case you hadn't noticed, if there ever is a conflict where the people aren't actually physically fighting, THAT IS politics.

Im not sure what your getting at in the first bit, Im not trying to say anthony is a coward, I don't know him and that would be a bit personal, but I am suggesting that he 'dodges the point', perhaps it's miscommunication over the water, but over here, if someone is said to be answering like a politician, it does mean that they are dodging the point. That is all that I was saying, straight answers are the best.

second bit:

I hadn't noticed (so thanks for pointing that out? not sure how it is relavent at all?), and I don't mind politic's , but not politicians answers. edit: again, probobly a misunderstanding

Edited by Jakers