Shambo The Bull

Rebelistic

I'd really enjoy killing that. I'd do it slowly and painfully infront of all the people that love it. Slash its limbs and shit first. ITS A BULL GET OVER IT!

You would get pleasure out of causing pain to others? are you sick?

Get the flowers out your ear you f**king hippie, its got nothing to do with that! farmers kill there livley hood and income if this test comes back positive, why should this bull be an exception because some idiots think its a "special" "sacred bull" f**k that its just a stupid fat bull, the bull means far more to a farmer who buys his food with the profit of the cows rather than some stupid religios hippys who just pray to it.... goddam, bloody f**king stupid political correctness gone wrong that the killing of the cow has been prolonged this long, wasting judges times and stuff.

There's no need to insult me. If you dissagree with my opinion why not just expain why?

I don't think it's political correctness - 30 police officers went in and took the bull.

I'm so glad we stopped livestock farming recently...

Anywho, yeah i agree, theres shouldn't be one rule for some and another rule for others, but just to make things more interesting, if you look at it from the monks perspective-how would you feel if somebody told you your pet that you adore has tb and it has to be killed? i bet you wouldn't immediately say 'yes, please kill it now'? cant blame them for trying really

I don't think they were right to kill the farmer's animals either - two wrongs don't make a right.

Conversly, you would have thought that seeing as it's so important to them, they'd have got it checked out and treated rather than just idly protesting.

They did ask for a second test to be done as these tests are not 100% accurate but that was refused. They did agree to keep the Bull in isolation and treat it with antibiotics but tha was not allowed.

Anyway Shambo was taken and killed yesterday evening - RIP Shambo.

(Y)

So let me get this straight. Cows/bulls, the usual reason for killing them is that some fat basterd wants a burger, yet given a legitimate reason for the bull to be put down before a desiese it has causes problems everyone is up in arms. Hello? you awake there?

If your gunna object to the killing of a bull, atleast find one that isn't being killed for a good reason.

I'm sure most people have heard about the sacred bull in the temple in Wales.

He has been tested positive for TB (doesn't actually mean he has TB) and authorities are planning to kill him today.

I think it would be cruel and unnecessary for them to do this, they could simple put Shambo in isolation and treat him with antibiotics (as they would for a human).

Does anyone else have any thoughts or info about this?

Cheers,

John.

you a vegetarian?

The problem is not people catching TB, it's other cows catching it. For a cow that's not going to meet other cattle, I imagine the risk is pretty small.

There are a lot of people here who completely refuse to think about things from any point of view other than their immediate thought. Insulting people because they think differently to you is just daft, but a lot of people on here seem to think it's OK. The pet analogy is pretty apt really - you wouldn't like it if your dog had to be put down for similar reasons.

Personally, I can't really decide on the subject. Laws are laws, and the country has to uphold these, especially when it potentially involves lots of farmers and their livelihoods. But I can't help thinking that the bull probably didn't need to die, but it did and it pissed a lot of people off.

But at the same time, lots and lots of bulls die every day just because some bell end fat guy wants a mcdonalds, in my opinion you should be complaining about them loonnng before you complain about this bull dying.

I myself am a vegitarian, and don't like the idea of anything being killed just because we like the taste of it better than something that was never living, but to be honest this bull DID have a reason to be put down, it DID have a reason to be kulled, so why are you complaining. Just think about it as a lesser of two evils, if this bull transfered the deseise to 3 other bull, then that would be 3 of 'em dead, rather than just killing the one bull and putting an end to it.

Oh, and please don't reply with 'oh blah blah isolation, blah wouldnt spread, blah, blah.' if the bull was kept in COMPLEATE isolation whats the point in it living? its like the way some people consider life impriisonment worse than execution, because there's no point in being alive in some circumstances.

Just open your eyes for 30 seconds rather than just thinking what would make you seem like youre being nice and caring.

(PS, if I had a dog/cat with a harmfull desiese that could spread, I genuinly would feel I would be doing the right thing to put it down, lesser of 2 evils and all that shiz whack)

Yes

(Y)

same and i agree with everything Rebelistic is saying. Just because it has TB doesnt mean right thats it, it has to be killed, i believe that we are as important as animals. If a family member got ill you wouldnt kill him/her you'd attempt to treat the person, anyways fuk no's where im going with this im tired so yer.

mark

I think the difference is that the farmers would kill their animals anyway their only concern is loss of profit - they don't actually care about the lives of their animals.

The owner's of this bull do seem to care for him not just for profit.

RicH_87 - I'm sure the Hindu monks do care about the well being of others. From what you say I rather think it is you who don't care about others. If the Bull did bite someone then they would not get TB.

Cheers,

(Y)

I know what you mean bud , I feel like you. Everything has a right to live but like people say they are on this planet for one reason and thats for us to eat.(cows) But I still couldn't kill one.

~Matty

Edited by Matt-y

christ sake it's a bull and to me its nothing more than that, hundreds are killed in bullfighting weekly and most people don't give a shit just because one bull is supposedly sacred doesn't mean it should be left to spread tb and pottentialy cause a crisis

But at the same time, lots and lots of bulls die every day just because some bell end fat guy wants a mcdonalds, in my opinion you should be complaining about them loonnng before you complain about this bull dying.

Yeah but it wasn't about a bull dying, it was about that bull dying. It's the fact that the monks held that bull sacred. Likewise, if someone else's dog got killed I wouldn't really care, but if it was my own dog I'd be pissed. I don't care about that bull dying any more than any other bull really.

I myself am a vegitarian, and don't like the idea of anything being killed just because we like the taste of it better than something that was never living,

most foods were living when they were grown infact theres not really many that weren't living at one point and that were killed because we like the taste.

most foods were living when they were grown infact theres not really many that weren't living at one point and that were killed because we like the taste.

Yeah but you can't really compare animals to plants though!

I think the difference is that the farmers would kill their animals anyway their only concern is loss of profit - they don't actually care about the lives of their animals.

Dude, you obviously do not know anything about farmers! We always make sure that are Animals are in good health, after all as you say they are there for making money, and if one dies yes you loose profit.

I know alot of farmers who hate having to get rid of animals, i know i do, i would not have the heart to kill any of our cows myself, and nor does my uncles whos cows they are!

And at the moment with farming (especialy where animals are concerned ie, Milk, Beef, Sheep, Pigs etc) in such a poor state a loss of one animal can be a huge hit to a farmer, and usualy if a farm catches TB for example it is normaly not just one animal that will go down with it!

God i hate little townie f**kers who do not understand what being a farmer involves!!!!!!!

Adam

I myself am a vegitarian, and don't like the idea of anything being killed just because we like the taste of it better than something that was never living, but to be honest this bull DID have a reason to be put down, it DID have a reason to be kulled, so why are you complaining. Just think about it as a lesser of two evils, if this bull transfered the deseise to 3 other bull, then that would be 3 of 'em dead, rather than just killing the one bull and putting an end to it.

Oh, and please don't reply with 'oh blah blah isolation, blah wouldnt spread, blah, blah.' if the bull was kept in COMPLEATE isolation whats the point in it living? its like the way some people consider life impriisonment worse than execution, because there's no point in being alive in some circumstances.

Just open your eyes for 30 seconds rather than just thinking what would make you seem like youre being nice and caring.

(PS, if I had a dog/cat with a harmfull desiese that could spread, I genuinly would feel I would be doing the right thing to put it down, lesser of 2 evils and all that shiz whack)

you do realise there is no meat content in anything mcdonnalds sell? lol.. :D

i'm a level 5 vegan, i don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

where do i stand morally?

You should be shot off the roof of krusty burger with a bean bag! (Simpsons *** :P)

Tbf i reckon the bull needed to be put down, wether or not people are eating other bulls has no relavence