Front Stock Tyres

trialsguru

on the look out for a new front tyre. at the moment im running a maxxis advantage and its been great but id like to try and shed some weight.

anyone know of a tyre 2" + with good grip and moderate puncture resistance and under 800g

tall order i know..

thanks guys

Big Betty is the Schwalbe to use on the back. Need to be a little smoother than on a Maxxis or Michelin but you save a lot of weight.

Might give the Nobby Nic a go, 2.1" might be too narrow on a 39 mm rim though?

ive had the michelin before not sure i want another.

how much are the nobby nics? before i go a' serchin'

edit.. hmm ÂŁ41!! i think i may stick with the maxxis for ÂŁ12 lol

does anyone know the weight of the kenda tyres?

Edited by trialsguru

Ritchey do some pretty decent tyres for front use only!

all conditions.. 26x2.35 Zmax Classic pro 578gms.. loads of knobs & good grip levels.

for dry only... 26x2.2 Zmin WCS 380gms (i use this on front... only in DRY!)

The tryall is less then 800 and 2.0 .. fairly common front tyre, i use this for comps etc is great!!

To be perfectly honest. I ran a random kenda tyre off a mountain bike in my garden. Was a 2.1 and weighed nothing. The lad who has brought my bike is still running it now and i have never had any problems with it and he was wheel swapping rails with it on the front and it never slipped. In all honestly any front tyre is fine IMO.

Danny.

on the look out for a new front tyre. at the moment im running a maxxis advantage and its been great but id like to try and shed some weight.

anyone know of a tyre 2" + with good grip and moderate puncture resistance and under 800g

tall order i know..

thanks guys

high roller xc

El gato front and rear

Indeed they are incredibly good tyres but aren't at all that light. They're about 860g which is amazing for the rear taking into account how snakebike-proof they are, but nothing special for the front. I've got one on the rear which is now getting close to 700g (so worn) and i've still only caught 3 snakebites since october, run a very very low pressure as well.